Chapter Two

🌟 Vote and Comment 🌟

"Hurry, honey. We need to leave." My mom was rushing me but I had no idea why. Everything was fine when I went to bed, everything was always fine.

I watched from my bedside as my mom stuffed some of my clothes into a suitcase and all I could manage to say was, "Are we leaving, mommy?"

She looked at me and her expression frightened me. She looked scared, if mom was scared then I should be too. She was the one who was supposed to protect me, "Just for a little while."

"But why? I don't want to go."

I quickly grabbed the stuffed bunny from my bed, holding it tightly in my arms. If I was forced to leave home, as a four year old child, I needed my stuffed bunny.

"I promise it'll all make sense eventually," My mom said to me before taking my hand and leading me down the stairs in my PJs.

There was already one suitcase waiting, it must be mommy's. Although the she said that it would make sense, right now everything was so confusing.

"I'm going to take our bags to the car, you wait here, okay?" She told me and I responded with a simple nod.

I watched as my mom picked up her suitcase and unlocked the door, it wasn't until she opened the front door that we realized a tall man was waiting. His presence alone terrified her, causing her to scream and step back.

"What did I say, Fiona? You don't leave. I'll always be one step ahead," The scary man chuckled before looking at me, "Go back to sleep, Elaina. You and your mother isn't going anywhere."

I opened my eyes to the sight of an unfamiliar room, it was large and far too spacious. I didn't need half of the space, but that was the least of my concerns. I wasn't home and I had no idea where I was.

Sliding carefully off of the bed, I stood carefully and walked to the door. Someone could be on the on other side. Vadim could be on the other side. But the door seemed like the obvious choice at this point.

I attempted to open the door but it was locked from the outside. Even after tugging and shaking on the doorknob it didn't budge so I proceeded to bang on the door furiously. This was insane, my life was completely upside down for reasons that I no longer understood.

Suddenly the door was pushed opened, causing me to fall back onto the floor.

I looked up to see one of the men that were at my house before I had blacked out. He was still dressed in a suit and he still wasn't smiling, "Your father wants to see you."

"He isn't my father," I answered without really thinking about any possible consequences.

He didn't respond other than motioning his head for me to stand, "Up."

You don't have to listen to him, is what I continued to tell myself, but that was against my better judgement. Of course I did. If these are the people Vadim said they were, then I could be in great danger. How I managed to get myself in this situation? I had no idea, just like I had no idea how I would get myself out.