Cinderella.

Chapter 18

Ella's P.O.V:

When the bell rings for assembly I can't help the slight thread of annoyance. Kane hasn't shown up yet and the headmaster will be starting the announcements soon. I looked at the empty seat next to me and smiled. Simon is getting another chess award today so his seat is empty. For a guy who is one of the top chess players in the country it's hard to believe he keeps failing Algebra II.

I felt a tap on my shoulder. I turned sideways with a smile to say hello to whoever it was.

Kane.

I smiled with genuine joy as he sat down. I stared at him for a moment and he smirked.

"See something you like?" he asked a teasing note in his voice.

"Stop ruining the mood," I shot him a playful glare.

"Shouldn't you be wearing a tie for assembly?" I asked him with a teasing frown. He grinned and pointed to his jean pocket where his tie was loosely swinging from. I sighed and puked it out with a slight laugh.

The entire school wears the same navy coloured ties but the colour seems to fit him better.

I looped it around his neck and fixed it quickly so one of the teachers didn't rip us limb from limb for 'talking'. I adjusted it so it rested perfectly against his neck and smiled at his lightly flushed face. Finally! I get to see him flustered.

"You'll get in trouble," I pointed out and turned back to the headmaster. He grabbed my hand as we stood up to sing the anthem and pulled me closer to him.

"True, but now you're the one in trouble," he whispered huskily in my ear.

He grined and pulled me behind him as he slipped out of the room. He pulled me along until we came to a stop before the wall that barricaded our school.

"What are we doing?" I asked him with a nervous frown.

"Getting in trouble," he answered looking pointedly at the wall.

"Oh no," I said shaking my head firmly, "I can't skip school."

Kane grinned at me and I saw a happy spark in his eyes. Rebelling may excite him but it scared me. "Stop living by someone else's rules. It's your last year, time to make your own," he encouraged. What an impressive speech from the school rebel, I smiled but still resisted.

"I don't know, the skirts aren't really made for climbing." I muttered nervously, referring to the required school uniform skirts. All the girls had to wear them at assembly while the boys wore ties. Those things were short and tended to cause trouble if the breeze picked up.

Kane smirked, "You won't need to climb."

"Fine, " I huffed in surrender and watched as his smirk grew. He loosened the tie slightly (the one I literally just fixed!) and jumped, griping the edge of the wall. He pulled himself up and sat down so that he was facing me.

"Am I supposed to fly over?" I asked sarcastically with a hand on my hip. Kane barked a laugh and shook his head. He offered me his hand and with a last uncertain look at the school building I took it. He gripped both my hands and told me to jump. He counted to three and I jumped giving anybody who would conveniently be walking by an eyeful.

He pulled my hands and the next thing I knew I was on his lap on top of the wall.

I blushed furiously and he only chuckled. Teasing jerk. He lifted me up and put me next to him. We looked at the school and I couldn't help the rush of excitement. I was skipping school and I was living.

Kane swung his legs over so that he was facing the other side of the wall. I did the same and watched as he jumped down. He held out his arms to me like you would to a toddler when they reach the end of a slide. I didn't hesitate this time as I jumped down.

Kane's strong hands wrapped around my waist as I crashed into him. He fell backwards and I landed on top of him. When I opened my eyes he stared at me, shaking with laughter.

"I like this position, Cinderella, but next time I'll be on top," he commented from underneath me. I jumped up and straightened my skirt not offering him any help. Once he stood up I glared at him.

"First of all," I began and pulled his legs from under him so he could fall on his butt again, "Pervert. And secondly," I continued by sitting on his legs to stop him from getting up, "Why Cinderella?"

He grunted and sat up so he was facing me. "First of all," he began and picked me up only to throw me on the ground next to him. "You're a pervert and secondly," he continued by offering me his hand once he dusted himself off. "Yes, Cinderella. She is kind and caring. She sees the best in people and forgives everybody no matter what they do." I felt a blush spread across my cheeks. "And also because her prince is named Prince Charming and she falls for him the minute she sees him," he added and I smacked his shoulder.

Trust him to ruin a romantic moment like that.

Loveable jerk.