Discharged

A/N:

Hello, dear person.

Please, vote for this chapter ;)

Chapter 31

Kanes P.O.V:

I was woken up by a small body jumping on me and demanding that I wake up. I groaned and opened my eyes to see Mony shaking my shoulders and my mother standing in the doorway silently laughing at me.

"What time is it?" I groaned as I slowly sat up.

"Nearly lunch time. It's bad for you to sleep in so late, Kane, dear. Your health-" I tuned out my mother as Mony giggled and looked at me with a smirk.

"Its quarter to ten," she told me and dragged the covers off of me. "Now, get up. El gets discharged today," she reminded me. I looked at my alarm clock to see the date.

"You're right," I realized and quickly jumped up. "Give me ten minutes," I said as I pushed them from my room to get dressed.

It's been four days since the accident. They decided to keep her an extra day just in case. The days passes slowly without her constant teasing and joking. Mony and I visited her every day after school. Simon came along as well, usually bringing her the work she missed so she doesn't fall behind.

She was finally being discharged today.

"Alright, let's go!" I yelled as I thundered down the stairs. I was on my way to the front door when my mother pulled me into the dining room and forced me into a seat.

"Breakfast first," she ordered.

"But-"

"Breakfast." She placed the plate in front of me and I sighed but quickly stuffed the food into my mouth not even bothering to savour it.

"Ella will still be there after breakfast, dear. And it's the most important meal of the day! You simply mustn't-"

"Done!" I exclaimed and quickly placed the dish into the sink. "We'll be back in a little, Mother." I kissed her cheek and Mony and I rushed to the front door.

"Kane!" she shouted after me. I stopped and turned around. "I love you, dear."

"Love you too, Mother."

The trip to the hospital took far too long in my opinion. My mother allowed us to borrow her car since it would be too dangerous for all of us to ride on my motorcycle.

"El!" Mony shrieked as she dived into Ella's awaiting arms. She laughed from her propped up position on the hospital bed.

"It's only been a few hours, Mony," she laughed but hugged her closer.

"Far too long in my opinion," I told her and kissed her. She was quick to kiss back. Although it only lasted a few seconds it left us both glowing and happy.

"Here, Mony. You take the keys," I offered, holding the keys to her. She took them and stood by the door giving us a bit of space.

"You ready?" I asked Ella. She smiled sheepishly and nodded. She swung her legs over the bed and I held out my arm for her to lean on. She slowly stood up on shaking legs, weak from not being used. I curled a protective arm around her waist. She smiled at me as she leaned against me.

"You two are so cute!" Mony called and Ella laughed.

"Oh, hush," she ordered with a grin.

We slowly made our way to the car. Ella sat in the front with Mony on her lap. The ride home was much nicer but also seemed shorter. When we stopped in front of my house I unlocked the doors.

"Why don't you go tell my mother?" I asked Mony giving her the house keys. She smirked and glanced between us knowingly. She skipped up to the front door and slipped inside.

"You are not very good at being subtle," Ella informed me with a smile. I kissed her again but it wasn't as gentle as the last one. I put every ounce of anxiety and desperation I've felt the last few days into the kiss and I felt her mimic my movements. She looped both of her arms around my neck while I cupped her cheeks.

"God, I thought I lost you," I murmured as I leaned my forehead against hers, my lips brushing over hers as I spoke. I felt her small smile of aoplogy.

"All I could think about was how you would react. I knew it was worse that time and I knew you would be upset. I just wanted to still be there when you came," she confessed and swallowed heavily. "I thought I would never be able to see you again."

"I'll never let something like that happen again," I promised her and felt her smile.

"Thank you for helping me when I didn't have the courage to ask," she said and kissed me again.

"We're going to have to tell my mother," I whispered to her and felt her entire body stiffen at the words. "I'll be right there with you," I assured her and felt her muscles relax just a little.

"I'm scared of your father," she admitted and I couldn't blame her. He was a scary man with a quick temper. Not the best combination.

"Then we won't tell him," I said and felt her smile.

"What did I do to deserve you?" she asked as she leaned her head against my chest.

"I love you, Cinderella," I told her with as much confidence as I could muster.

"I love you too, Kane," she murmured. My mouth split into the biggest smile I have ever smiled. In such a short amount of time she turned my world completely upside down but I couldn't complain.

"Hey, you two lovebirds! Come in! El still hasn't had breakfast!" Mony yelled from the front door. We chuckled softly but pulled apart. I got out first and walked around to her side to help her out. She leaned on me again as we headed inside the room.

"Good morning, Mrs. Moalch. It's nice to see you again," Ella greeted my mother. My mother pulled her into a hug while supporting her weight and kissed her cheek.

"I'm glad you're alright, dear. Kane made me worry. He barely got any rest and didn't eat enough. And he kept worrying about you which made me worry about you," my mother ranted to her. She chuckled and slapped my chest playfully.

"Kane. You shouldn't make your mother worry so much," she scolded with a smile. I looked at her as if she's just betrayed me, which she has.

"See, Kane. Even Ella realizes-" I sighed as my mother continued.

"Hey, Mony? I believe I still have a bicycle in the garage from when I was younger. You wanne test it out?" I asked her from her position against the wall where she was watching the whole conversation play out. Shock registered on her face before she grinned.

"Seriously?" she asked and I nodded. "Sweet!" she yelled and disappeared back outside to head to the garage.

"Come on, we should all sit down," I proposed and my mother immediately grew serious while Ella grew nervous. I helped Ella onto one of the couches in the living room. I sat down next to her while my mother took the couch to our left.

"Take your time, dear," my mother smiled gently at her. I took her hand into mine and felt her automatically lean closer to me. She took a deep breath and sat straight. I didn't feel offended. She needed to be in control of her reactions and she couldn't do that if she was hiding behind me.

"It all started a few weeks after I turned ten..."