Chapter 6- Changes

Start from the beginning

Sympathy couldn't do anything for me. It couldn't turn back the clocks and make everything turn out right. I followed my instinct and just told her, I didn't care about the outcome.

"Max." I spoke barely able to say anything else. I hadn't said his name in ages, it felt slightly foreign on my tongue.

"Max? Who's Max?" She questioned. I sighed and then started.

"Last year, about 10 or 11 months ago I left Max. He is my soul mate, it wasn't out of choice I had to. I wasn't forced to though. Four months before I had left him I became apart of the coven he was in. The Cullens. They aren't exactly a coven more like a family. There were 11 of them when I first met them. Max was alone, in the sense he didn't have a soul mate. We fell in love, quite quickly to be honest. We were each other's everything. Of course in relationship's everyone has their dilemma's so we did too. But the fact we loved each other more then anyone could imagine soon overpowered all of that. Then one day I was taken by my mother, she had the power to be invisble to anyone. She was a former part of the Volturi but escaped them but then only to meet me. I was and am very powerful.

"Aro wanted me on the Volturi and would rip away everything I had so I could be. He gave me a choice. To join the Volturi or let my mother die. I didn't want either. So I chose nothing only to be facing death myself. Before I could die my mother took my place and lost her life. Her dying wish was to stay with my father. So that's what I did. I left Max." I whispered whilst watching the memories in my head. It felt good to say everything. To get it all off of my shoulders. I felt relieved.

I then turned to Aubrey just remembering her presence. She looked as if she was going to cry; if she could.

"Amelia I didn't know..." she trailed. I shook my head, she was going to sympathise me.

"It's alright Aubrey. You aren't one who left you're mate and ruined his life. I don't know what he is doing now and I don't even know if he loves me anymore." I replied then running my fingers through my long, brown hair.

"He would still love you Amelia." Aubrey said as if it was the most obvious thing in the world. I shook my head, I couldn't be sure until I saw him.

"He would trust me. Absence makes the heart grow fonder. He would only love you more Amelia. After all he is your soul mate. Do you think you'll ever see him again?"

"I don't know..." I trailed. "I hope to though even for a few moments but I need to apologise to him."

Aubrey gave me a small sad smile.

"You really love him don't you?" She asked. I nodded.

"Yep, I don't know how I survive without him. I guess it's the fact that I would one day see him again."

I felt pathetic, like I was throwing my own pity party. It wasn't a nice feeling but I didn't care. All I wanted was Max that is what mattered.

Aubrey put her hand on my shoulder reassuringly.

"It's going to be alright Amelia, you'll see him one day. You'll have to wait for the right time, but for now you can't waste everyday of your life- even if you are going to live forever. Make the most of it." Aubrey murmured softly.

"I don't want anything but him though... How could I? I don't have him to make the most of anything. And I'm not going to date anyone else."

"I'm not telling you to, just be happy. For Max, he'll want you to be happy wouldn't he? Don't live the next few years of your life in regret. Don't linger too much in the past and look into the future and when the time comes you'll be together again." She assured. I thought about the words she said.