6: drowning on a glass of water

Depuis le début

Grace scoffed in annoyance, making Derek look up at her, "Would you have aborted it?" he asked softly, making Grace look up.

"Y--you can't ask me that," she stuttered, the question being the hardest one she's ever had to answer, and she wasn't even pregnant anymore, "I can't think about that right now."

Derek put his hands on his face. He didn't have any family left and he didn't mean to lose Grace. She was the only person who brought a smile to his face, and he was the reason hers had now faded, which broke his heart. Grace couldn't seem to stop the tears from flowing as she thought about what had happened. She couldn't believe he kept it from her, it was his fault she was now a supernatural creature, it was his fault she was now a fugitive, it was his fault she was sixteen and had already been pregnant, it was his fault her life was ruined.

"I hate you," She said, the venom in her voice hitting him like a kick in his gut, making him immediately look at her swollen eyes, clenching his jaw as his vision blurred from the tears in his eyes, "I hate you so much," she said, her voice trembling yet speaking with twice the venom, making Derek's tears fall down his perfectly structured cheeks. She cried as she saw him in pain, her stomach twisting as part of her wanted to kiss him.

"I hate you, but I can't stay away from you," she whimpered, his beautiful green eyes starting to get bloodshot from the amount of tears that rushed down his face, "Because I can't help it."

And with that, her legs managed to stand up, walking a few steps towards the entrance, her hands shaking from the tears she was trying to hold back. She looked back in sorrow as he muttered the next words before she left the train, her heart shattering once again as she heard his quiet sobs from inside the train.

"I love you."

You don't mean that. It was the first thing that had popped in her head. He couldn't love her, not after what he did to her. Maybe she didn't want to accept he loved her, the word having such a powerful feeling behind it. All she wanted to do was survive, to heal. But for now, she had to fake it, to pull the facade of the strong and sexy girl, and she had to put some effort into it.

The black haired girl was cut off her thoughts as Derek threw Isaac on the floor for the millionth time, Erica jumping then being thrown next to Isaac once again. Grace had reviewed their routine a long time ago, yet she didn't feel like helping them, being caught up on her own thoughts. Derek sighed as he rolled his eyes, walking next to the two teens on the floor. Grace knew he was pissed at them for not changing up their routine even though they failed each time, but partly, he was pulling his own facade after last night's incidents, his bloodshot eyes revealing he had cried himself to sleep. "Does anyone wanna try not being completely predictable?"

Erica stood up as Derek muttered those words, jumping on top of him as she engulfed him on a make out session, catching Derek off guard. Grace gasped softly as her caramel brown eyes locked onto their syncing lips, her heart plummeting on her chest as a tide of sadness and anger engulfed her features, her eyes diverting from the view as she turned away from them, biting her lip nervously as she met with Isaac's stare, being caught with jealousy flowing through her whole body. Derek was met with a surprise that was her lips, instantly kissing back as he hoped it was Grace who kissed him, feeling the punch of disappointment and sadness as their lips didn't move together as one, the taste of Erica's lips completely different from that of Grace's. He immediately pushed her away, throwing the blonde on the floor, as he wiped his lips, his eyes meeting with Grace's for a brief second, his stomach dropping as he saw her pained features. "That's the last time you do that."

"Why? 'Cause I'm a beta?" she asked annoyingly, mad that he pushed her away and wiped his lips after they kissed. Derek looked at her with a hint of annoyance at her attitude.