Welcome To Life 101

Start from the beginning

      I said nothing. I did nothing.

     "Um, hello. Did you hear me?"

     "What proof do you have?" I causally ask, walking into the room before sitting at the edge of the bed.

     "Well I know you've been a little out of the loop these past few days, but check any website. Also...."

     "Marissa, stop." I shake my head as my friend slowly analyzes the situation.

     "This is good news Demi."

     "How?" I shake my head in questioning. "I don't want Selena to get hurt again. Not only that, Nick promised me a year ago that he wasn't going to speak with Miley anymore."

     "Well, he lied." She bluntly stated.

     "Maybe I should call him."

     "Why?" She sat up. "Demi, if he's cheating, you can tell Selena and then she could be the one to break up with him."

     "That's stupid." I haven't told Marissa everything and as my stomach churned upon hearing this news, I didn't really want to. "Selena and I haven't been too faithful either, and if Nick..."

     "Whoa." I studied my friend's eyes. "What have you two been up to?"

     "It's not really worth mentioning right now. I have to deal with this mess."

     "What mess? Nick's mess?"

     "No, my mess." I corrected her.

     "Demi, what is going on? And I swear to you, if you say 'nothing,' I will fly out there and kick your ass." I snickered as the brunette turned blonde recently studied me. "What is going on?"

     "I'm contemplating life at the moment." I sigh. This was getting out of hand. Who was I to judge Nick if he was fooling around with Miley once again? But also, who was I to judge him when on the other end I too was doing things I shouldn't have been. But then there was Selena. She hadn't taken her first breakup too well and I wasn't there to help her through it. Back then I didn't want to be.

     "Demi!" Marissa impatiently pouted.

     "Selena sort of told me she's falling in love with me." Great, now that I said it, I felt worse about the entire situation. "I'm a horrible person. Nick's a horrible person. We all suck as people."

     "Selena's a horrible person." Marissa added. "Do we have a love square going on. Interesting." My friend smirked as I rolled my eyes. "Okay, so Selena is starting to like you. How the hell did that happen? I mean damn girl, I knew you had powers but I never knew they were that strong."

     "It's a long story."

     "I have all day."

     "Can you call me back a little later? I can't process all of this right now."

     "No, we should talk."

     "I can't. I love you and I have to hang up now."

     "Demi, don't you dare."

     "I love you." I repeated as my friend began to go on and on about why I shouldn't end the call. But I did so just the same. Sitting on my bed wondering if my friend was jumping to conclusions all on her own. The media wasn't the best outlet for relationship status or friendships between one another. They were there to make and sell dirt and lies. And even if Nick was seeing Miley again, it wasn't because they were dating. Or making out. Or practically cheating like what was going on with me and the woman in the room down the hall. I face planted into my comforter, inhaling the fresh scent as I tried to decipher my life.