Shock

Good news before, well before you start reading. Golden Bond's hit 103 in werewolf, pretty sure that's the best so far. Thanks to everyone for your support.

There's not really anything else I can say.

Happy? ehhh Reading?

Love, lots and lots and lots of love
NJ Kuhr
XOXO

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Zeek took one look at what was left of the kitchen island and laughed until tears where glueing his eyelashes together.

I ignored him and made my way upstairs to our bedroom, jumping the steps that had been pulled loose or snapped in half.

After I was cleaned up, ate two steaks and half a dish of pasta salad Zeek offered to teach me how to play chess but a strategical game would only add to my unease. We played Egyptian ratscrew instead on the coffee table in front of the back windows. It was fast paced and we could get some of our aggression out on playing cards.

Light slaps so we didn't break each other's hands but it still stung like the dickens. Wincing when I clipped him with a nail a bit meaner than was necessary, Zeek shook his hand and frowned at me. "This is always the worst part. Standby to standby. It basically means waiting to wait some more, which usually precedes the part when shit hits the fan."

"What did you do about it?"

"Me?" He slammed his hand down on the queen when I wasn't looking. "Mostly I played a lot of football. Bash prefers to reserve his strength and spends the time on finances and paperwork."

I grinned, "He likes numbers."

Zeek gave me a secretive look. "Doesn't look like he's worried about preserving his strength now that he has you."

The blush wasn't as strong as it normally would have been. "Nope. He's gotten a bit behind on his budgetary obligations too."

"Oh, no." Zeek cried in mock horror throwing the back of his hand over his forehead. "Not the budget, anything but that. How will the pack survive? We all know there isn't anyone capable of budgeting his world domination the way Bash expects it. We can't have that. You have to go. It's a matter of saving the universe for all mankind."

I'd leaned back rocking as I laughed, my abs aching when they were already sore from hours of tumbling. My laugh, something that brought the pack joy and peace; a gift the Moon gave to her children. Love had brought laughter back into my life and it was that sound that first made Bash fall in love with me. He'd accepted the mate bond the second he crossed my scent before he even found me but that wasn't love. When I sat in a puddle of mud laughing like a maniac Bash fell in love with me and not the mate bond. He saw me that day. He really saw me.

And my laugh, my special gift.... I learned it not only inspires love, it also kills.

Zeek and I had distracted ourselves with fun. We distracted ourselves so well we weren't prepared for it. Omega danced through the pack bonds, sending any wolf within hearing distance of the cabin into nirvana. I'd fallen into a false sense of security, all my paranoia and when I needed it most I didn't have it.

The cabin was lit up like a Christmas tree. The back wall of windows reflected the living room and our game back to us, not the forest. The mirror affect that left me at a disadvantage so I kept the lights off; I didn't even know I could hate something so much.

The men around the cabin couldn't sense him because the only thing their wolves could feel was my laughter. My laugh like the mirror affect that prevented Zeek and me from seeing the shadow, I learned to hate these things but not before the werewolf crashed through the wall.