Light At The End Of The Tunnel

Hey everyone. ViolentPurple has sent me some amazing fan art and banners that she has created for Golden Bonds. I'm posting them below so everyone can view them. They look amazing. I write because I day dream and I just need to get the world inside my head down on paper. To create something for myself is one of my favorite things in the world, to share them with others is a bonus. The worlds I create that inspire me to the point I feel they're going to burst out of me is the best feeling in the world. When something I've created calls to other people and inspires them to create something of their own is the most amazing part of being a writer. It should be the goal of every writer, not numbers or money or fame. Creativity and inspiration in others is what defines success.

Thank you all so so so much for making me feel like I succeeded. It is the highlight of my day hearing from all of you.

Also, I just started posting a new novel. If you enjoy Golden Bonds check out my other works. Calm Before The Storm and Ulterior Motives. They're completely different genres but I think ya'll will enjoy them.

Now back to what you came here for.

Happy Reading

Love
NJ Kuhr
XOXO

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Parker:

Was he upset with me? One second Bash was laughing with me tossing mud at Alek the next he's giving me the cold shoulder. His hands flexed, releasing a fist and then clinching back tight. He walked away expecting me to follow him. I'd half a mind to turn the other way to make a point but I needed to talk to him.

His cabin was beautiful. The same dark wood as the pack house, designed by the same architect but this had a more rustic feel. Bash hadn't bothered with much decoration. He'd said this was a resort he purchased. This cabin had been remodeled to make it more homelike but it was still a bit barren. For someone who had lived most my life sharing bedrooms with four or five kids and in one particularly horrible foster home twelve of us slept on a concrete floor in the basement, this cabin was ridiculously huge for just one person. Who needs this much space?

Bash took up plenty of space. His body blocked a good portion of the back wall, two stories of crystal clear glass facing the mountain range and forest. It brought the feel of the trees inside, making the house a part of the forest. My wolf loved it here, even indoors she felt wild, free. I felt vulnerable. When Bash walked into the open floor living room the cabin didn't seem as big anymore.

He gestured towards the island in the kitchen without a word. I shot a glare at his back but ignored him. I wasn't about to track mud and rain through his home. My clothes were soaked. The dark brown puddle forming around my feet was enough to keep me standing on the door mat. The hard wood floors were buffed and flawless. I didn't want to scratch the finish. Removing my rain boots was out. They were full of rainwater. Taking them off would flood the entrance. I really needed to get my own, ones that actually fit.

Bash rubbed his temples when I didn't rush forward like a good little soldier. I got to admire him with his back to me. Firm shoulders, triangle torso, no one would describe him as soft. The kind of thick hips a girl could wrap her legs around without grinding bone on bone.

Jerking my eyes to the floor, I shoved that image away out of habit. I waited but the memories didn't come. The all too familiar gut wrenching sickness wasn't there either. I anticipated the panic but only felt attraction. My wolf was disappointed; she liked getting to look at him.