Nine.

A/N: Hey all! Thank you all for the continued support on this story! This is a bit short and a filler....I'm sorry! I'll be editing the next chapter today and will post later.
This chapter is dedicated to each and every single one of you readers! Whether you just read, or vote and comment as well! I adore you all and couldn't thank you enough!

.

"SURPRISE!!" I yelled when the door swung open.

My mother pulled me into a tight hug and dad hugged us both after he heard the tale tale sign of feminine waterworks.

For some reason my parents didn't seem as surprised as I thought they would be, but they were quite happy.

My mom was hovering. As I was unpacking my bags she was trying to help but was actually acting more like a police officer in an interrogation room than a mother.

"So why the spontaneous trip home?" First question popped out of her mouth as I flopped my bag on the bed.

"Honestly, I missed you guys." I admitted as I pulled out my tops and placed them in a drawer, careful not to make eye contact. It was the truth, I did miss them. And when your feelings are crushed there is never a better place to be than with your loving, overly attentive parents.

"You never do anything that's not planned out in advance." My mother muttered and I pretended I didn't hear her.

"So I have to make a day trip to the office in the next few days but other than that I'm here for some serious family time. You can gather all the aunts and uncles for a party if you want." I was hoping I seemed nonchalant, but I'm not quite sure I pulled it off.

Honestly right now I felt more like a Bella Swan than a Hermione Granger, but it is what it is. I needed a fucking break. I needed to be around my mom and my dad. Two people I knew would never betray me.

"Joy, let her unpack in peace. The interrogation can wait until she's had a good night's sleep." We turned towards the door where my dad stood, still a solid build despite his age and I flashed him a relieved smile.

"Well Richard, maybe she'd like some help. I'm not that bad, am I?" We looked at each other, sensing my mother's trap and shook our heads.

"No mum, I appreciate it I really do. But I didn't get much sleep on the flight so I might lay down and take a nap." I hugged her quickly and held her tight, moving to my dad to do the same.

"Thank you." I whispered and he squeezed me tighter for a moment before putting his arm around my mother and guiding her out of the room.

I deflated when the door closed and collapsed on the bed. As an afterthought I grabbed my phone and switched airplane mode off, having turned it on as soon as I got to the airport.

I still needed music and games for entertainment or I would have turned it off. I quickly flipped it to vibrate before anything came through.

I ignored the missed calls knowing who most of them would be from.

With texts opened I clicked on Gemma's name.

From: Gemma <3: What happened??? Harry is freaking out.

From: Gemma <3: AJ??

From: Gemma <3: Bitch! Where are you and why is your phone off. It's been almost 2 days.

I skimmed the rest, all of them having the same theme, so I sent a brief response.

To: Gemma <3: Ask your brother what happened. I'm out of the country.

I know that seemed a little bitchy. Okay, really bitchy. I was afraid she'd tell Harry.

I clicked on Harry's texts but didn't read them, I just didn't want to be reminded they were there.