Hell (AKA 28 Sycamore Avenue)

It was almost 11 o’clock when the boys ran through the door of the room. Harry and I were both on the couch in our PJs.

            “GIA!” Louis said, fuming.

            “What? What did I do?”

            He handed me a magazine. Oh, no.  “Page 42,” he said.

            “Gianna Miller, previous resident of Charleston, has now been officially accepted to the style team of One Direction. Fans love her, they even beg for her to make appearances in concerts. But do these fans really know the story behind the stalker-turned stylist?

            “Gianna Miller fled to live with her Aunt Lou Teasedale in London shortly after being kicked out of her parents’ home here in Charleston. We spoke to her mother to see what she had to say about her pretentious daughter.

            “’She was a hoodlum,’ Rachel Miller says. ‘We couldn’t have her here, infecting the minds of our other three girls with her rebellious behavior. She made the choice to have relations with her best friend’s boyfriend, and it was those bad choices that led her to the fate she earned. As for travelling with a boyband; I just hope she can see the error of her ways before she ruins her whole life. We pray for her.’

            “Gianna, we hear, did lose the baby. As sad as it is, who would truly want to be the illegitimate child of such a horrible daughter?”

            The five of them held me close. I covered my mouth to muffle my sobs. “They’re talking about my baby…..” I cried. “My poor little baby…..”

            “It’s filth!” Harry yelled. “You guys get on Twitter right now and tell everyone not to read this garbage because it’s all wrong!”

            I clenched my fist around the magazine and grabbed my shoes, storming out and being followed by Harry. I reached the street briefly before he did and hailed a cab. We crawled in the back.          

            “28 Sycamore,” I told the driver.

            “Where are we going?” Harry asked me.

            “Hell. We are going to Hell.”