Six

His heart was chained by the primordial gods.

He was punished by them not to love anyone. Hades thought that was the end of his life but since Selene, a kind primordial moon goddess, doesn't want a cruel punishment, she decided to lessen it.

She said, "I may not like for what have you done but, I don't like heavy punishments. I, Selene, the primordial goddess of the moon, grant you a key to unlock your heart, but only, when the right time comes."

A blueish kind of light appeared in Hades chest and he felt like the pain of his heart lessen, but it didn't last.

"When the time comes, your heart won't feel any pain anymore. But, there's a catch, once you found the key and your heart will be unlocked, the world will fall apart."

Hades was about to ask Selene what is the connection but she suddenly disappeared in the mid air.

Hades felt lost, and pained at the same time. What key does she meant? How does it looked like? Is the color gold? Or silver?

Centuries had passed and here he was, lying down in his bed while a sleeping girl hugged him tightly.

He then realized what Selene was talking about, that this girl, who was lying down beside him, is the key to his heart.

~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~

Cora woke up in Hades bed, but when she opened her eyes, there was no sign of him.

She stood up and stretched her arms. After stretching her arms, she walked on the floor, barefooted, and she decided to find Hades.

As she was about to leave the room, a ghost approached her. It was no ordinary ghost, the ghost was dressed like a posh gentlemen.

"Excuse me, madame. I am sir Aidoneus's butler, Gerald, but I will also be serving you for eternity," Gerald, the ghost butler said in a British accent.

Cora looked at the ghost with a questioning look. Since when did she needs a butler to serve her?

"Oh, I, uh, I don't need someone to serve me--"

"Sir Aidoneus seeks for your presence, come with me," Gerald said.

The ghost immediately flew away and Cora immediately followed Gerald. As she followed Gerald, she can't help but noticed that there are many ghost who are wearing like Gerald's outfit but women are wearing a maid's attire.

'Who is he really?' Cora thought.

"We can't tell you who he really is, Ms. Cora," Gerald replied.

Cora looked at Gerald with disbelief.

"You can hear my thoughts?" Cora asked.

"Yes, it's like your ability that can see ghosts and other supernatural beings. Ghosts can usually hear some mortal's thoughts, that's why most ghosts, the one's who are bored, scares mortals because they can read their thoughts." Gerald explained.

Cora nodded in respond. As they wondered in the huge hallway, Gerald finally stopped floating and stood in front of the dining room.

"I can only take you here, Ms. Cora. Enjoy," Gerald suddenly disappeared in the air, leaving Cora confused.

Cora decided to walked inside the dining room and saw Hades, sitting at the edge of the table.

Cora was observing him. She noticed that Hades never shows his emotions, his facial expression was always blank. As she sat down far from him, she was thinking why is he so cold and distant to her if he kidnapped her?

"Eat." Hades said.

Cora looked at the food in front of her. She was surprised because everything in front of her looks like the food she saw on restaurants. Well, since she lived in a foster house before, the only thing she eat everyday is oatmeal, and pot roast. Sometimes pizza if there's nothing to cook.

She sliced the beef steak in front of her and took a bite. She groaned and savor the taste of it.

After swallowing the food, she took a piece of brownie in the tray and bit a little chunk of it.

"Gosh! It taste amazing,' Cora thought.

Hades looked at Cora and found out she loved the food.

'Good.' He thought.

Cora was busy enjoying the food until she realized Hades was looking at her briefly.

"Want some?" Cora suddenly blurted out.

Hades just smiled a little and shook his head.

Cora blushed, and she looked down. She look at Hades for a while then look back to her food.

"O-okay."

Cora continued eating her food while Hades was enjoying watching Cora eating her food happily.

As much as Hades wanted the moment to last forever, he knew there's no such thing as "everything lasts forever", because everything is just temporary.

~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~
Author's note:
Hey guys! Here's a quick update!
Hope you like it!

Don't forget to vote and comment!

xoxo,
Cupid_princess16