17. Donnie's Milkshakes

Start from the beginning

"Thank you Donatello."

"You're welcome. Here's yours Raph."

"Thanks man." Said red turtle said,-ahahahaha-, accepting the offered honey with lemon cinnamon banana milkshake.

Mikey got his usual, which may or may not sounded like a Starbucks order so I'm shortening it up. Butterbeer Milkshake. I don't remember the ingredients but I do know that it has cream, sugar, vanilla, butter, cheese powder, maybe soda, cinnamon, more cream, and biscuits.

He's Mikey afterall.

When Donnie got mine, I cried. Literally.

"Why are you crying?" Donnie asked in shock as tears streamed down my cheeks.

"Don't mind him, he's always like that." Raph responded. But I don't care.

Because here, in my arms, is the purest baby I've ever seen in my life.

Vanilla. Oreos. Milk, duh. Cream. Cream cheese. And matcha green tea at the lower part.

Holy shitake mushrooms.

It's the difintion of perfection.

"I just drank heaven." I said emotionally, blowing my nose at my green scarf.

Y'all probably wondering why I'm emotional since I'm Leo, I would also tasted Donnie's milkshakes before hand. Yeah but get this.

Leo is a kill joy. No surprise there tho.

The last time I has Donnie's milkshakes was over eight years ago. I have to be the perfect big brother and leader, carrying out responsibilities. So naturally I have to become a boring person. The only occasions I can get to drink Donnie's milkshake is by sharing with Sensei's. But it is nothing.

Compared to this.

"Glad you like it. I was about to gave that flavour to Leo, actually. But seeing he usually turned down the offer, I never really got the chance to make it." Donnie said with a bitter voice that I would've missed if not for my sharp ears. Which made me froze because oh. OH.

Did I miss them that much?

I ignore the gnawing guilt as I listed April and Casey's drinks. Which is cool because Donnie actually made some for them.

April has banana and mango. With cinnamon and cream cheese. Topped with mint and drizzled with honey, and jellies at the bottom of her glass.

Casey has mocha with cream and cocoa powder. I think it's tinged with lemon a bit.

"Okay. I have to admit. It's just. Wow." April exclaimed, her eyes wide as Donnie blushed in the background.

I drank mine again and was in the verge of tears, again.

"I see the bright light." I echoed, looking straight at the ceiling.

"That's a lamp, kid."

"Shut up, Hot-Head."

"I wish Leo is here.." Mikey suddenly spoke up, sighing as I froze.

Welp. Dang.

Cue Splinter to the rescue.
"It's alright Michelangelo. I've sent Leonardo on a solo mission, he will be back once he finished."

"To where?" Donnie asked.

There was a long pause before Splinter shrugged.

"Central America."
I choked on my drink.

As the rest of my brothers wide eyed started bantering at where and why I'm there, I sent Sensei a glare.

"You did not just quote on me." I mouthed.

"Well, what am I supposed to say?"

"Atleast give me a copyright."

"Dully noted."

"Why Central America? What happened?" Donnie asked, cutting us off from our silent banter.

"Things that I should not say."

Way to go. Very brilliant answer. Much wow. Great job Sensei, now they'll hate me. Me as in Leo.

So much for being cryptic.

"Tell him to bring back home sombreros." I said. Just to pop in for fun. Ye.

"And also a Spanish dictionary."

"I don't think he brought his phone with him." Splinter said as he gave me the side-eye.

Oh. Oh okay.

Letters I guess. Fake letters.

...How am I supposed to buy the freaking post-stamps?

"Why did you send him there?" Raph said. Almost quietly.

"I have already told you why."

"Yeah but why? Why him? Why not any of us? Why not all of us? We always stick together." With that he stood up. His face actually darkened which means one thing.

Raph is mad.

No. He's furious.

Fast and furious- okay I'll shut up.

"This is a matter you can not understand Raphael."
My eyes widened.

Oh no no no. Wrong thing to say.

"You always said that! You always pick him! The golden kid! Why?! Why is it always-"

"Raphael, enough!"

Raph stomped off into his room as Sensei sighed. Mikey quietly retreated with Donnie to the lab, as Casey and April took that moment to take their leave.

I can't comprehend anything else by then. My mind is muddled. And it's just getting hard to breathe..

Raph's words echoed in my head,

Golden kid.

If only you knew.

If only I can tell you.

If only..

If only things are much easier.

Why. Why. Why. What have I done.

"...Sensei?" I whispered, looking at Splinter.

He sighed and nodded.

I drank the rest of my drink before standing up. And with that, I bolted out from the lair. My feet running. Moving fast. My breathe hitched.

And when I arrived at the sea. I couldn't hold it.

I cried.

Mhhhmmm. Double update. I deserve a cookie for this.

Hints is here. Hint is there. Hints everywhere. Have fun figuring out the.. well. Stuffs.

And why did this take turn into an angsty chapter is beyond my own mind.

See ya later potatoes.