two

"Hi I'm Phil. You're looking for a place to stay?" Dan blushed profusely as he shuffled his feet on the ground. He began to stutter as he blurted out "I didn't mean to push in, I was just confused and lost. I could try to find..." Before he was able to finish his sentence he was interrupted by a stubborn Phil. "It's 2am, there's probably burglars or demon cats waiting to eat you if you walk around London at this time. We have a camp-bed in Martyn's room you could use." Phil insisted kindly. Phil was usually more awkward and shy around people but it was different now that he was in this situation with Dan. 

Everybody seemed to agree with this arrangement and although Dan felt as if he was intruding, a strange sense of belonging resonated within him. The group began to part ways, everyone going into separate rooms until it was only Dan and Phil left in the lounge together. Dan began to realise how strange the situation was, he was in a practical strangers flat. Phil awkwardly began to fix the couch cushions before exiting the room to get the camp-bed.

Dan quickly took out his phone and opened his camera to see if he looked sober. He fixed his straightened hair and immediately put his phone back into his pocket. Phil returned to the doorway with the camp-bed in hand. He was clearly struggling so Dan rushed over to help.

The bed was too wide to fit in through the door normally so the pair had to work together to try getting it through the door, this broke the tension. The atmosphere was more relaxed and they both felt more comfortable. After a good ten minutes of shuffling around and having banter every so often, they finally got it through which resulted in Dan flying backwards into the lounge. They both simply looked at each other and laughed until they physically had no breath left. Small talk was exchanged as they set up the camp-bed in line with the couch about a metre away from it and Phil flopped onto the sofa in exhaustion.

Attempting to catch his breath, Phil said while laughing "Sorry, I'm not really the physical type." Dan reassured Phil and thanked him again for letting him stay there."I get so drunk that I can barely tell which way is up sometimes. Lily really came through, I probably would have been wandering the streets all night if it wasn't for her." He admitted while laughing and looking down in shame. "Myself and Martyn left early because we aren't particularly the social type. I'm a bit off when alcohol gets into me too, don't worry." Phil said in an attempt to cheer up Dan.

Dan chuckled and awkwardly fixed his hair. "I hope you don't mind, but my parents took my room and Lily's in the spare room so I was going to take the couch." Phil said while fiddling with the tassels on the cushion. "God there's no problem, I'm the one pushing in anyways." Dan replied quickly.

After a few minutes of them getting to know each other, Dan asked the question that had been eating away at him since Phil had left the room to get the camp-bed. "Why did you let me stay? It was clearly an inconvenience but you went along with it anyway." Phil had to quickly think through his answer. The truth was, he didn't know why he let Dan stay. He was a stranger that could have been a serial killer for all he knew.

"I wouldn't want to leave you hanging after Lily brought you here. You would've had to leave and it would have been really awkward. Thanks for not being a murderer, by the way." Phil said with a cheeky smile. Dan laughed but inside he was strangely disappointed and they continued their conversation, learning more and more about each other by the minute. Before they knew it, it was almost 5am.

Phil looked down at his suits sleeve and carefully pushed it towards his elbow to reveal a black watch. "It's 5am!" He exclaimed. Phil let out a yawn to which Dan echoed with another yawn. "Guess that I'm empathetic then. Don't worry I'm definitely not a serial killer." Dan said with a chuckle.

Phil laughed and then said "I should probably get some sleep. I didn't even realise the time." "Time flies when you're having fun, I guess." Dan responded while winking sarcastically. Phil rolled his eyes while stifling a giggle and stood up to stretch. He walked over to the doorway and turned off the light.

Dan got under his covers and lay on his left side facing the sofa. Phil came to lie down on the couch and lay to face Dan. "Night Phil" "Night Dan"

A/N
Yes I know that was the squishiest thing ever. I hope you enjoyed it!I've decided to change my upload days to Thursday and Saturday I just think it works better :)

Sorry for the lack of story progression on this chapter, I just wanted a bit of dialogue so they could get to know each other. Thanks to all who have been reading, shout-out to my early supporters: starryskies15 , doddleoddle , alldarkhowell , drearymil , JordaniStuff , fallingoffdanschair ,arthurcurrys , snazzylester , chipwrites and phluentinphan follow all those amazing people!

See you soon,
beaminglester(: