9

Miku's POV

"Luka!" She fell to the floor unmoving i had no idea what to do. My dad was lying emotionless on the dining table either trying to understand what was going on or just getting his breath back, it could have been both In all honesty. I didn't care though, I had a few minutes before he'd come back to his senses, so that was the amount of time I had to get Luka out the house.

That is what I thought. I constantly kept screaming at the motionless girl millions of different things repeated over and over such as "It's gonna be okay" Or "your okay" which just made me seem crazy since she obviously couldnt hear a word i said. I tried my best with the strength I had at picking her up in a piggy-back style and attempting to leave the house. My eye sight was wavering along with my mentality at that moment. Too many things were happening for me to think straight, the only thing allowing me to stay stood was the constant reminder my brain kept giving me that lukas only hope of getting out right now was me.

I struggled to put one foot in front of the other, what with the weight of some one on my back and the shardes of my fluctuating sanity just moving seemed to be a challenge to me. The room was slowly starting to seem more and more dully lit as the small white stars covering my vision started to multiply. I knew this wasn't normal not even for me. Someone had to of done somthing to the air in this room to leave me In such a state and have Luka collapse after putting a slight bit of kinetic energy on her tendons.(idk science) It wasn't right.

I quickly decided that figuring that out could come later, leaving was all I needed to do. I owed it to Luka to get her and myself out safely. I'd almost left the depths of that god forsaken room and nearing the door when a dark silhouette appeared in my already darkening vision. It approached me obviously intending to stop me in my movements, the dull outline of its lips opened as I heard my father's voice seap out of it; sounding more dead than a gravestone.

"Miku... listen to me, you can not take a step out this house... if you do don't ever bother trying to take a step back in" his voice was cold and brutal. Signifying the painful reality, that if I was to leave now I knew he definitely would never let me back. This being my family, this being my house and this being my way of living would perish to nothing.

To forever loneliness

To no where to go

To a broken future

To some form of freedom...

Through my everlasting sight I took one look at the unconscious girl on my back and I knew, I knew exactly what I was going to do. I was to reach for that freedom these 'parents' ever so hid from me.

His wavering shadow was still in my path, awaiting my dicision. Unknowing what a waste of time he was making, expecting I go back to living in this hell. Even if I did leave and actually stayed away from him, he'd probably be the one to come crawling back to me. so the dicision wasn't even that hard.

I opened my mouth signalling a reply, making him stop his concentration on my movements and on what my answer would be. Only to quickly close it and dash past him towards the door. I could hear his cries of disbelief and heavy steps following after mine only for the painful darkness In my vision to slowly brighten as the door was opened. Allowing light to find my hiden eyes after so long.

I kept running, holding onto Luka as hard as I possibly could. I could tell he was still after me but starting to gradually fall behind until I was left far away from that horrible place.