In Bed With

"No kiss. No foreplay. Just fuck."

Lin was attentively listening to my complaints, seemed thoughtful for a while, and then she said, "That's sexy."

"Not at all!" I scowled. "He was so focused on getting it done and didn't care how it was supposed to be done."

"Well I believe at some point in your life," said Lin. "You will end up complaining that your husband is so boring in bed."

"You think what he did was hot?" I asked.

"Really hot. It's like you're begging for his love but he goes all rough on you. Isn't that some kind of a fantasy for us?"

"I don't know. I think it's weird."

Even weirder that Ben didn't send any text even though his status was online on WhatsApp. How did he come online if he couldn't get up from bed?

Or that I just didn't know how WhatsApp worked actually? I felt like going home to check on him, but at the same time didn't want to find him in a bad mood.

Staring on the phone, reading random tweets to get my mind off things was not helping either.

So, during lunch break, I decided to pass by home just to pretend like I left something. Went to my room, nobody was there. He escaped. To my greatest surprise, Ben walked right in 15 minutes later.

"But how did you..?"

"For a dude that has to carry up to 60kg of junk everyday at work, I believe, some stupid playtime cuffs can't hold me that much," he said.

Don't call that thing stupid.. I thought. "I spent €19 on them.."

Ben smiled at me. He thought I was cute. He thought I was the sweetest thing on earth.

"How about the rings, did they at least hurt?"

"Well, at first. But then I had to go to pee, so," Ben took some envelopes from the table. "I have to go pay the bills. See you tonight."

But.. is that it? Nothing else? No kiss, no hug, nothing? I sighed in frustration. Apparently, he didn't give a shit and I was the only one thinking too much.

"Fine. Go then."

"Unless you wanna have a quick lunch with me," he said. "Quick, because after bills I must go back to work."

I don't want lunch. I want you to feel pain. As much as I feel, at least, instead of moving on like nothing happened.

I wished those words could come out but I ended up telling him to go by himself, while I went feeling like crap the whole day.

Came home right before dinner and saw that Ben had nicely prepared a meal on my plate, on the table.

"Dores is going back to her hometown for the weekend," he said. "She sent me a message that she left you a box of Bolo Rei on your bed."

That was so sweet of her, I really loved Bolo Rei. In fact, since Christmas was around the corner, we could find so many seasonal delicacies around Portugal.

Couldn't wait to play some games while snacking on that. I would play until tomorrow morning.

"Hey," Ben interrupted. "I didn't know what you might eat so I made some dinner for both of us."

"I saw that," I said. "Thanks.. I'll be right there."

While eating, he was hinting about Netflix that he subscribed to yet never really had the time to watch anything on it, a waste of money.. bla bla bla.