I hate fakers (Chapter 26)

Chapter 26 - I hate fakers

"How was your shift, sweety?" my father asked as soon as me and Conrad walked in the door.

I smiled at my father and replied "It was great daddy. Ive decided what Im going to do with the money we raise at the auction"

My fathers smiles at me and says "That's great honey. Why don't you fill us all in over dinner?"

"Sure, I will just have a shower first" I reply as I head up the stairs. I stop quickly remembering that Conrad is with me, I smile sheepishly as he whispers seductively "As much as I would love to join you, I better join the others in the den" Conrad smiles at me as I blush furiously.

At dinner I explain to everyone what we will do with the money that we raise at the auction, and everyone gets more excited it.

After dinner, Uncle Tommy and Conrad immediately hit it off, and start their car-talk conversation as I sit next to Jayden and Kylie on the couch. Conrad looks like he is really getting into the discussion and Uncle Tommy seems to really enjoy Conrad's company. Im glad! Uncle Tommy is just as protective as my dad, Tyler and Jayden so Im glad that Uncle Tommy has cut Conrad a little slack.

I smile as I rest my head on Jayden's shoulder as my eyes droop sleepily. Jayden chuckles and whispers into my hair "Someone is a little sleepy. Lets get you to bed" Jayden helps me up and takes most of my weight as I struggle to stand in my sleepy state.

I yawn and stretch as Jayden cautiously places his arms around my waist ready to catch me if I fall over. "Night guys" I mutter to everyone and give my dad and Uncle Tommy a kiss goodnight. Conrad stands and announces "Actually, I better be going. It's getting late"

Jayden still has his arms around my waist so Conrad gives me an awkward hug and a light kiss on my cheek before leaving.

Jayden helps me up the stairs and into my room. Jayden takes my shoes off for me and tucks me into bed, like Im a 5 year old. But, Im too sleepy to care.

Before Jayden leaves he kneels down next to my bed as he strokes my cheek. "Goodnight, Baby girl" he whispers as I stare into his hypnotising blue eyes.

"Night, JD" I mumble as sleep takes over.

I had pleasant dreams so when I wake in the morning, Im well rested and in a happy mood. I haven't done my crazy funky dance in a while, so I find the Vengaboys track "Boom, Boom, Boom, Boom" and turn it up really loud.

When the song finishes Im still jumping up and down on my bed doing my crazy funky dance and the song starts again (gotta love repeat). Still jumping on my bed and belting out the words to the song off-key my sleepy father walks in and stares at me like Ive lost my mind.

"Baby girl, its far too early for that amount of energy" my father mutters as he rubs his sleepy eyes.

I jump down off my bed and run to my father hugging him as I start to giggle. "You're crazy" my father whispers to me.

I laugh again and lead him down towards the kitchen where I can hear Jayden making breakfast.

After breakfast me and Jayden head off to school and Im excited about learning something at school today. Today I have a plan to take education seriously. Although, I cant wait for lunch time so I can talk to my friends more about the auction.

We pull into the school parking lot as Conrad approaches my car door to open it for me. Such a gentleman.

"Morning" Conrad whispers as he leans in close to kiss me on the cheek. I blush and whisper back "Morning."