I hate fakers (Chapter 6)

Chapter 6 - I hate fakers

For the rest of English class, Conrad and I got to know each other better.

Ive learnt that Conrad has moved here from Chicago to live with his older brother after his parents divorce. We have a lot of things in common, like separated parents, annoying sibling's, our love of cars and of music. Conrad even admitted to liking Britney Spears which had me giggling, and I managed to earn a glare from Mr Johnson and Jayden.

I explained a little about myself and the first thing on the agenda was my name. In our encounter earlier, I hadn't even told him my name. Sheesh, Im an idiot!

Near the end of the class, Conrad ended up pushing his desk closer to mine and was whispering in my ear. At times I could feel his warm breath on my neck that was almost intoxicating, and made me feel giddy.

I don't think Conrad and I learnt anything from Mr Johnson's class.

Although we did manage to get a detention for disturbing his class 'on multiple occasions'. Ive never had a detention in my life, that was always Tylers area of expertise. But I don't mind - it will be an experience.

I have to admit, that I think I may have a crush on Conrad.

But, I need to talk to Kylie first. We need an emergency meeting.

After the bell rang, Conrad and I looked at each other and started laughing. Im not even sure why.

We had compared our schedules earlier and found that we have all our morning classes together.

As we left Mr Johnsons class I could sense hands going to grab me. I quickly dodge those offending hands and scowl at Jayden saying "Dont.Touch.Me"

Jayden begins to clench his fists as Conrad places his hands on my shoulders in support.

Jayden was definitely at boiling point now, and I know I have to intervene to avert a bloodbath, so I whisper calmly "JD. Please leave"

Jayden looks at me with a pained expression that makes my heart constrict, but he storms off without a word.

Conrad leans closer to me and asks "Jealous ex?"

His lips are inches away from my neck and I have to force myself not to close the distance. It was rather distracting.

"No. Its complicated" I whisper back.

As we get to our history class students have already taken their seats, and I can see that there are only two spare desks but they are on opposite sides of the room.

I look over the class to see a smug grin on Jaydens face, that Im going to slap off if he isn't careful.

Jayden did this, I just know it!

So now Conrad and I cant sit next to each other. The only spare desk's were next to Jayden and the other next to Jake.

Conrad starts making his way towards the desk next to Jayden. Is he crazy!?!

I quickly grab his arm and whisper "Do you have a death wish?"

Conrad just shrugs as if he doesn't care, and replies in that deep husky voice "Im a big boy"

Conrad turns to walk away but I squeeze his arm saying "Please don't. I don't want your blood on my conscience"

Conrad smiles his sexy smile that I have come to adore, and just nods. Wow! A boy who listens. Thats a first!

Before turning away he slowly lifts his hand to my cheek as our eyes lock on to each other. He lightly brushes his finger down my cheek, and my cheeks redden at the intimacy of the moment.