Chapter 16: Depressing News

Mulai dari awal

We walked into the kitchen and then began to prepare dinner. I grabbed all the plates and cups while Asher grabbed the utensils and Ashley and Logan worked on clearing the table and putting a table cloth over it.

When we all sat down to eat though, I smiled. Why? Because I felt like this was my family.

************************

Later on, Danny had to go home so I hugged him goodbye and told him to have his friends call me. He laughed and shook his head, as he disappeared outside and headed back to his house.

Asher refused to leave and I got tired of srguing with him so I let him stay. We cleared the table and put the dishes in the dishwasher. After, we all decided to watch a movie. Logan wanted to pick so we let her.

Logan wanted to watch Breaking Dawn. I still hadn't watched it even though I had had the DVD for about a month now. However, Logan was crazy about Taylor Lautner and insisted on watching it. Don't get me wrong. I was crazy about Taylor, too. I mean look at those abs! Robert Pattinson could never have those! Instead all he had was glitter.

Halfway through the movie, I got bored and decided to go make some more popcorn. We had wiped out the first batch within the first 15 minutes and no one had really bothered to make some more.

I guess it was perfect timing because as soon as I got up, my phone started vibrating in my back pocket. I pulled it out and answered it without checking the caller ID. I almost never check for it.

"Hello?" I asked.

I heard some snickers and then someone yelling, "OMG! It's her! She answered!"

I furrowed my eyes in confusion. "Who the hell is this?" I asked harshly.

"Your soon to be boyfriend," some guy said in a very cocky attitude.

"Hmp," I said rolling my eyes. "You couldn't be my boyfriend if you tried."

"Really? Cause I saw you the other day at the basketball court checking me out," he commented.

That's when I realized that Danny had actually given his friends my number.

"Can I talk to Danny?" I asked.

"O, Danny, she wants you!" he called. I heard some wolf whistles and rolled my eyes. Boys are such pervs.

"Hey," Danny's chirpy voice said as he came onto the other line.

"Danny! I didn't really expect you to give them my number!" I yelled.

"You should be careful about what you say," he told me. I could just picture him. His feet up on his desk, hands being his head, leaned back in a chair smirking.

"You're such a dumb ass," I told him as I placed the popcorn bag in the microwave and turned it on.

"But you still love me," he replied. "Oh, and go outside," he told me.

I furrowed my eyebrows together and slowly walked over to the front door. I opened the front door and sure enough, there he was with all of his friends. I hung up the phone and glared at him.

"Danny, go home," I told him.

"Oo, fiesty," One of the guys said. "I like fiesty," he stated with a wink.

"Really? Well your about to love me," I told him.

"I think I already do," he replied.

I rolled my eyes at his cheesiness. Then I decided to play with them.

"Asher!" I called out.

Asher appeared seconds later by my side and wrapped an arm around my waist.