When the Unofficial Titles Become Official

Third consistent update. I'm on a roll. 

Keeping this intro short and sweet considering this is a long chapter with lots and lots of dialogue.

The song I chose is Death of a Strawberry by Dance Gavin Dance (also will add that this is actually my favorite song and I'm gonna shit myself because I'm seeing them at warped this year) 

Until Next Time

-Abby

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

And when he came to the place where the wild things are

they roared their terrible roars and gnashed their terrible teeth

and rolled their terrible eyes and showed their terrible claws 

-Maurice Sendak, Where the Wild Things Are

Last night was a bad night. 

We all walked back to our tents silently, except for Raven. We all just listened to her cries of agony. Only the morose cry of loss and heartbreak. 

Murphy refused to be alone, and even then he woke up in a cold sweat twice. 

It was clear that there was certainly trauma, but if I knew these people, I knew that they would have to get over it. 

"What are you thinking about, John Murphy?" I asked him. 

He didn't hear me. 

I placed my hand on his shoulder gently, and he jumped. 

"John?" 

"What?"

"I said, 'what are you thinking about?'".

He gave me a heavy sigh.

"I'm thinking about how easily it could have been me strung up on that cross, and how I wouldn't have had the luxury of being put to death so easily by you. 

Look, I've seen how the grounders torture. I've felt how they torture and- fuck."

I could tell he couldn't talk about it easily. So, I offered a hand, which he took. 

"He killed all those people because he was looking for Clarke. I was standing right next to him. I think about how easily I would have been able to kill if it was for you." 

I was slightly taken aback by this remark. Would he really kill for me or was this him just sucking me back in? Had Murphy really changed? 

"Ophelia?" 

Murphy asked, looking at me. 

"Yeah?" I asked in reply, looking over at him. 

"You're not saying anything." 

I sighed, laying back on the cot. He laid back with me, keeping his arms crossed in front of him. 

"What am I supposed to say to that?" I asked him, not looking at him. 

"Ophelia, you know what I'm trying to say here." He said to me, chewing the inside corner of his lip. 

"I really don't though." I said to him, the hint of a smile creeping its way on to my lips. 

"I guess... what I'm trying to say.. well, ask really..." He was a hot mess, I didn't realize what he was trying to get across until now. 

I looked over at him, biting my lower lip. I was going to wait for him to get it out.