Christened

Okay, I'm beginning this chapter with a warning: Reader Discretion is Highly Advised for this chapter. If you can't handle blood and gore and topics like murder you definitely should not read this chapter... hell, why are you even reading this book? It's marked 'mature content' for a reason. Lots of blood, lots of gore, lots of things for sociopaths and fans of such to enjoy.

The song I chose for this is 'Ring of Fire' by Johnny Cash. I was going to find a cover but no one does it better than Johnny cash. Ever. If you don't like country, I'm sorry. I'm southern and I can't help it in the slightest.

I chose this song because 1) I like the lyrics, because they fit well with the chapter 2) Because the music fits well with the chapter and 3) Because they reference a "Ring of Fire" in this episode.

By the way, my babe lexyleblanc deserves a little love over on her side of wattpad if anyone's down on reading a bomb preference book and some equally bomb fanfictions.

Anywho, I think I've ranted along far enough, proceed with the chapter.
________________________________________________________

Do not go gentle into that good night,

Old age should burn and rave at close of day;

Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Though wise men at their end know dark is right,

Because their words had forked no lightning they

Do not go gentle into that good night.

Good men, the last wave by, crying how bright

Their frail deeds might have danced in a green bay,

Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Wild men who caught and sang the sun in flight,

And learn, too late, they grieved it on its way,

Do not go gentle into that good night.

Grave men, near death, who see with blinding sight

Blind eyes could blaze like meteors and be gay,

Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

And you, my father, there on that sad height,

Curse, bless, me now with your fierce tears, I pray.

Do not go gentle into that good night.

Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

-Dylan Thomas, Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night

The moment leading up to the conflict played over and over again, though they took on a much different twist.

"You're so brave, aren't you?" He asked, sickeningly, and I wanted to throw my knife at him right then and there, but the chances of me missing were greater than I was willing to take. Now was the time I killed John Murphy once and for all. I slowly crept down the ladder, motioning for Bellamy to pay no mind to me.

"I mean you came in here thinking you were just gonna turn this whole thing around. That you were stronger than me, that maybe one of your friends would come and help you?"

I lurched upon him then, nearly taking him out with the brute force of my element of surprise.

"Fuck yeah we are." I whispered in his ear, already breaking skin with my knife. His blood covered my hands as I felt the fatal tear of flesh beneath my hands, which were covered in his blood. I watched the air that was leaving his lungs bubble up through the blood. I watched the life leave his eyes, as I left one last kiss on his lips. The blood of the boy I had just ruthlessly killed filled my mouth, and I enjoyed it. Every bit of its metallic flavor I savored. Like every kiss between us, it was taken into me.