Double Majors

Hello!

This chapter is a little short, I apologize for that, but I feel like there's some actual substance happening.

The song for this chapter is a little different. It's Lotus Land By Cyril Scott, you may recognize the song from the well-known horror game: Layers of Fear.

It's a beautiful piece- also the one the old couple will be playing on the piano later in the chapter.

Ciao

Abby

P.S. it took every bit of willpower in me to not put the poem "A hundred years ago" from Diary of a Wimpy Kid on here.

___________________________________________________

-Ah, would I care to look beyond the shine
Of this weird-setting moon, if I could know
The peace that made my nothingness divine
A hundred years ago?

- A Hundred Years Ago, Sara Morgan Bryan Piatt

That next morning, I walked out to see that the mutant deer that had overrun the forest had taken on human roles like they were in some sick, twisted surrealist painting and had the Arcadians pulling covered wagons around camp...

Actually, no I didn't.

I saw Bellamy hugging Clarke, which was just as, if not even more, surprising.

"Any closer and I'd assume you two actually liked each other." I called, smiling a bit.

I knew someone had to have returned when they brought the battered girl from factory station into medical to get treated, Zoe Monroe following her along with a limp.

Clarke hugged Ophelia and turned around.

I knew she didn't mean to do it... but it happened anyways, it happened with all of them.

They were staring at my scabs.

I knew now that they didn't mean anything by it, and to ignore the stares, but I couldn't place exactly why them staring had gotten to me so much. Maybe because they knew me before they were there? They had the opportunity to say 'What a waste.' or 'Too bad... she was so pretty before her... "accident"'.

The look of shock on her face only lasted a few seconds at the most, not really enough for anyone but the one being stared at to catch, but she walked up and hugged me.

Her hands were afraid- afraid to touch me.

Afraid of me.

I hugged her as I normally would, the scabs not nearly hurting like they once did. I was healing, and the process was faster than I had expected.

"Thank God you're okay." I whispered.

She hesitated to say anything back, but mustered a slight, "Me too."

I couldn't help but to look around for everyone else, Finn, Sterling, and... Murphy. I wasn't going to ask about him. I kept telling myself to forget about him- because that was the rational decision to make.

"How many?" Bellamy asked. That was a question that seemed to be getting thrown around a lot lately.

"Just me. Where's Finn?" Clarke asked, and Bellamy's face hardened.

"Out looking for you."

-

Today had been a day that proved good things can happen in the midst of extraordinarily shitty circumstances.