2: A Cup of Coffee

After breakfast I put on a red tank top, black pumps and a leather jacket and some gold bangles.

Since it was a Monday we have a schedule that we work every Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays.

I called Cass as I was going down the stairs and I saw that she had a new ring on her hand. I decided to ask her about it on the way to work.

We both got out of the house and started walking straight ahead to Simple Treats Bakery.

"Cute ring, where'd you get it" I asked with a grin.

"Remember my boyfriend Nik? He proposed to me yesterday!" Her eyes were so full of happiness that I can't help but smile a little wider. They love each other, and I've been a very big fan of their love story.

"Cool. But when did you even plan to tell me this if I didn't recognize it immediately?" I said while stopping my tracks.

"Well I thought that it would've been nicer if both of us were there to tell you the news. And by the way I think Nik's stopping for a while at the bakery today."

I shook my head with disagreement. Visitors of employees couldn't just sit there and chit chat but I guess this was an exception.

After some time we reached the bakery. We went at the back door that leads directly to the kitchen and said a few hellos to the bakers. I have this good friend of mine that also work here as a baker, he's actually gay and he wears a scarf all the time even at work.

I went to the bathroom to change to my uniform. A white button up top and red shorts with a red apron.

I went outside to join Cass who was already dressed up I saw her boyfriend, Nik come inside and take a seat at the corner of the bakery with a window on the left side. Before I could take his order Cass came rushing towars him and shook a hand towards me signaling me to come.

She introduced me to Nik whom I already know because we were batch mates during senior year. And I went back to the counter to get a cup of coffee, and give it to Nik. He is handsome, with brown hair and fair skin with fair muscles.

After minutes of talk, Nik left and the bakery was already on its closing time so I changed my clothes and I went to dinner with Cass to an Italian restaurant across the street. Italian cuisine was my favorite. I ordered pasta and Cass had a slice of pepperoni pizza.

Cass has this whole thing about her daily diet, she's very concsious of how she looks so she always wears high heels even though her height is already tall.

After dinner we went home and I went to my dad's room, he was watching CSI on the flat screen tv that's hanging on the wall. I asked him what would happen in our work if we would have a 1 week leave. "I'll handle everything, I'll just send them a letter of consent." And finally a problem done. It was been on my mind since this morning.

It was not that late in the evening so I went to the kitchen to grab a cup of coffee when I noticed on the way that the light was open. I saw Lily when I came in. "Hey." I said nodding, "How was work?"

"Oh you know" shrugging my shoulders "it was good. Cass's boyfriend proposed to her yesterday."

"That's nice." she said while taking a sip of her tea.

"Its kind of late so I better head to bed." I said with a grin.

I put my cup in the kitchen sink and walked towards my bedroom upstairs, it was the first room in the hallway in front of the stairs so it wasn't that far. Next to my room was Emily's.

I went to my room and put on my sweatshirt and baggy pants. And went off to sleep.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Vote and comment for your response!

I know its a short chapter but most of the chapters are short. I'm really really sorry for the wrong grammars.

I might be posting the next chapter soon.

Give me guys suggestions for my next chapter.