1: News

I woke up with my eyes aching because of staying up late last night. Maybe because I'm not that used to getting up early. I quickly went to the bathroom and took a quick shower. Taking a deep breath I put on my gray sweatshirt with a design of waves and my shorts. I went directly downstairs for breakfast.

Taking another step down the stairs I heard the sound of clattering on plates, if you know what I mean. This time I recognized that my parents had woke up early today for breakfast, not that I didn't like it but they mostly wake up late in the mornings. They're really busy business persons even though they don't earn much.

On the way to the dining room I heard my father speaking "Don't you think we should wake her up since she's quite late for breakfast today?" I shook my head when I heard this, if only they knew that they were the ones who were really late suring breakfast. "Oh dear no need to worry about anything, you know we girls need some beauty sleep sometimes." Yes, my step mom is quite a fashionista if I do say so myself and last I recalled she somewhat took a part of my allowance to add to her montly bills. But my step sister wasn't that much.

If you might've noticed, me and my step sister Emily have some family problems. I wasn't a big fan of having a step sister that wasn't even related to me but by all means my father wants us to be in a sister closeness kind of way.

When I finally reached the dining room my dad quickly stood up and gave me one of his signature bear hugs which he only gives me when he misses me, so I guess thats just what happened. After that I took a seat next to my dad who happens to be sitting beside my step mom, Lily. And right across from me is Emily who is now cutting the egg with her fork.

Our dining room was just a simple black wooden table with black wooden chairs. I shuddered by the surprise sound of our doorbell ringing

"I'll get it." I said while standing up. I went to our front door and I saw my bestfriend Cassandra Bradford in our front porch through the glass doors. I turned the knob open and while opening the door wider for Cassandra I remembered that I had called her last night saying that she should have breakfast with us this morning since our work starts at 10, while I myself really didn't know what time it was right now.

We work at a bakery near our neighborhood. Every morning we would go to work together and we would walk to the bakery since its not that far for a walk.

"Hey Cassy!" I quickly said when she came in. As always Cass would always look aroung my house for a while before paying much attention to what I'm saying. Not that she wasn't used to it, but mind my saying, I myself even adore the house I actually live in.

"Yea..... whats for breakfast today?"

"I saw Emily eating eggs and bacon." I shrugged while walking towards the dining room.

Cass took a seat beside Emily, right across my father who was now drinking coffee. I recognized an envelope beside his plate, close to mine as I took my seat.

Seems like breakfast today was quite exciting since I liked our food this morning. It was just the same like Emily's.

I saw my dad glance at Cass for a while before saying "I have a surprise for you Viveca." And he handed me the envelope I saw a while ago.

I quickly opened it wondering what was inside. My first thought that it was money since I was on the verge of saving for my very own trip to my dream place in the world which was going to London.

When I opened it I saw two airplane tickets going to London. Everyone was staring at me as I quickly glanced towards Cass, maybe because right now my mouth was wide open in shock, if it weren't for my whole body for support, my chin might've reached the ground.

I quickly hugged my dad while I was still sitting, it was quite painful though, stretching quite far. But it was the least that I could do, I was saving up for this trip my whole life and now I just got it for free!

After a while my dad explained all the things we have to do as well as where he got the ticket. He said he got it free from work since he was a manager at a restaurant who also happens to own an airline business so he got 2 free tickets and decided to give it to me since it was almost my 18th birthday which was next week. And that the trip was good for a one week stay in London. He also expected that we use up our savings for our pocket money when we go there.

But one news was what I really didn't handle and I couldn't help myself give out a loud snort. Emily was coming with us!

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Sorry for the wrong grammars :))

Hope you guys like it!

Vote if you liked this one. I'm gonna be posting other

chapters soon!

What do you think will happen when two sisters go together for some bonding time?

COMMENT

SHARE