35.

"Another day, another senior night," Sawyer laughs, walking out of the school with Lennen. The week had finally reached Friday, and it was time to honor the seniors on the baseball team. The baseball team had the most amount of seniors out of all the teams, 10 seniors, meaning the end of the game was going to take longer than normal, but all the seniors had all committed to play in college, and it was important to take the time and honor them all. 

"But we have finally reached the last one," Lennen laughs along with her best friend. They were headed out to the baseball field, ready to cheer on three of their friends and seven more of their classmates. It was a small school, so they all knew who each other were. They might not have been friends, but they were always friendly. 

Lennen and Sawyer had found the rest of their friends, sitting on the middle of the grass hill, two blanklets to accomodate the six of them. "I'll be right back," Lennen tells them before joining them on the ground. She had wandered down toward the field wanting to talk to Jonas before the game started. 

"Jonas, your lady is here," one of the seniors calls through the dugout. They had just finished warming up and they were counting down the last few minutes before the game started. Jonas made his way to the other end of the dugout and out the fence where Lennen was standing. Only players and coaches could go past the gate, so that was as far as Lennen could go. 

"I just wanted to say good luck before the game started," Lennen smiles at him. She was always going to be his biggest supporter and she wanted him to know that she was proud of him no matter the outcome of the game. 

"I'm gonna win this for you, baby," Jonas responds, a smile also on his face. He watches as his girlfriend laughs, the smile never leaving his face. 

"That was so cheesy, Jonas." It may have been one of the cheesiest things that he had ever said, but it did make her happy. She kissed him, not really caring that so much of the school was around and could see them. "You got this," she whispered once they split apart. 

"Costello, let's go," the coach yells and Jonas heads back to the field, taking his spot on the pitcher's mound. Lennen headed back to her group of friends, who were all ready to poke fun at her for her PDA with Jonas. 

North Shore had won 12-2, which had still kept them undefeated and the best team in OCAL. The friends stayed in their spots, and listened as their coach announced each senior. "Dorian Freitas. University of California, Santa Barbara." They cheered loudly as Dorian stepped forward, accepting the poster that student council had made for him, showcasing all his accomplishments and a few embarrassing pictures, thanks to Ellis. "Cruz Maren. University of California, Santa Barbara." Margo had insisted on making Cruz's poster wanting get back at him for a prank he pulled on her a few weeks ago. She had covered his poster in every embarrassing picture she could find of him. "And finally our captain, Jonas Costello. University of Southern California." 

Lennen stood up, cheering as loud as she could, incredibly proud that he had chosen one of the best universities in the country to continue his education and play baseball for. She knew that he was going to go and accomplish so many amazing things at USC and she couldn't wait and see what he was going to do. 

When people could finally go on the field, Lennen practically ran and jumped over the fence to get to Jonas. She jumped into his arms and he spun her around, kissing her. "You are going to do amazing things, Jonas. I couldn't be more proud of you," Lennen says, when he puts her back on the ground. 

"Thank you for always encouraging me and being there when I need you the most," Jonas responds. He was so incredibly grateful to have someone like Lennen in his life because she constantly inspires him to be a better person, and much more. She was his rock, the one person he could always turn to when things got rough.