11.

"There's some gossip going around school that you're going on a date with Jonas tomorrow?" Oliver asks his sister as they start their drive home. As much as he wanted his sister to be happy, he didn't think Jonas was the right choice for her. He had gotten to know Jonas pretty well during the soccer season, despite Oliver being on the JV team. Every weekend, the varsity team would train the JV team, and eventually scrimmage together. For some reason, Jonas had always chosen to partner with Oliver, and he never understood why. Though now, he was starting to understand why.

"He asked me during lunch. I know that you aren't particularly fond of Jonas, but I like him and I want to be happy. I truly apprectiate that you like to look after my well being, but I am the older sibling. I can look out for myself, and besides, if he messes up at all, I'll let you be the first to take a swing at him." Lennen was lucky to have a brother like Oliver, as it's rare for siblings to actually get along. He was sweet and caring, always looking out for Lennen, and she knew that one day he was going to be an amazing boyfriend. 

"Why couldn't you just get back together with Duke?" Oliver was always a big fan of Duke, as a boyfriend and just in general. He took care of his sister, made sure she was treated like a princess. He was also the person who got Oliver interested in lacrosse, he even took time to train him. Oliver always thought that at some point Duke and Lennen would get back together, but Jonas wasn't making that possible.

"It didn't work out, Oliver. Besides, Duke and I are still friends, you know that. We all had an amazing trip to New York last weekend. Our families get along, we're going to see them again." Lennen knew that Oliver had always looked up to Duke, thinking of him as a big brother. They bonded easily, having many things in common. When they were together, it made Lennen so happy to see how well they got along. "I know that you really liked Duke, but please make an effort with Jonas. He's a really nice guy, I promise." 

"He gets one chance, and if he screws it up with you, then he and I are going to have problems." Lennen couldn't help but laugh at her little brother. She knew it was meant to be protective, but she didn't think her freshman brother could take Jonas.

"Well, I'll be sure to tell him, so he knows what he's getting himself into," Lennen tells her brother, trying to keep a straight face. It just so happened that their conversation timed perfectly, as they were pulling into the driveway of their home. The two hopped out of Lennen's car and trudged into the house, ready to get started on their homework. 

"Graham, we can't keep getting up and leaving every weekend. This was only supposed to happen once a month, and now it's our second weekend in a row. We can't keep doing this to the kids." The kids overhear Joyce tell their father. Lennen and Oliver looked at each other, knowing that they would have to go up to their rooms and pack for another weekend trip. They walk into the kitchen and see their parents sitting at the island. "Oh, hi kids. You're father and I were just talking." 

"You guys really don't have to argue about this. We're fine with the traveling, we really enjoy it. I know last weekend I made a huge deal about not wanting to leave, and I know already apologized for it, but I want to say it again. I am sorry, and I know some kids aren't as lucky as we are to be able to travel as much as we do. Being able to travel has been the best thing to happen to me. So, where are we going?" Lennen tells her parents, with a genuine smile on her face. After her blow up last weekend, she had realized how stupid she was being. She loved traveling and everything that came with it. 

"You're going to have to miss school tomorrow, and Monday through Thursday because we are going overseas," Graham tells his kids. They had been overseas a handful of times, but each time had been a different location than the last, and the family really enjoys being overseas. They had been to England, France, Greece, Spain, Switzerland, and Italy. "We're going to Thailand. Our flight leaves at 12:35am because it's a twenty and a half hour flight, so we need to leave here at 10:00 and please sleep on the flight. The Petty's will be meeting us at the airport. Oh, and I explained to the school what was happening, so you guys will be doing all the assignments/tests when you return."

Lennen looked at her brother in excitement, as they have yet to travel to Asia. Not only were they going to Asia for the first time, but they were also going with their closest friends. "That's amazing! Well, maybe not the twenty hour flight, but five days in Thailand is going to be worth it. I can't believe we get to experience this."

"Well believe it. It's supposed to range from mid 80s to low 90s, so pack appropriately," Joyce says, happy that she's been given the best family any mom could ask for. She watched her kids with a smile as they ran up the stairs to their bedrooms, ready to start packing. 

Lennen grabbed her suitcase, unpacking the rest of what was left in her suitcase from New York and threw in most of her summer clothes. She was a little bummed that she was going to be missing five days of school, but at the same time, it's not everyday you get to travel to Thailand. She also needed to make sure that she was completely focused when she returned to school because it's been rumored that she was up for valedictorian, and she knows how much that would help with college acceptances. 

Since Lennen would be spending the majority of her day tomorrow on a flight, she needed to call Jonas and let him know that she would have to cancel again, which she feels the worst about. Two cancellations is not looking too great for her, but she couldn't help it. She couldn't help when her family traveled, it just so happened that it was on days she was doing something. Lennen picked up her phone and called Jonas. 

"Hey, Lennen. What's up?" Jonas greets her. He was looking forward to their first date tomorrow, as it's been something he's been waiting two years for. It was finally going to be just the two of them without having to worry about one of their friends coming between them.

"Please don't hate me, Jonas or think that I'm messing with you because I do really like you." Now, Jonas was getting worried. "But my family is going out of town again, and we have to leave for the airport at ten tonight. We get back a week from today, so do you think we could reschedule our date for next Friday? I feel absolutely awful for having to cancel on you again." 

He was a little upset that Lennen was cancelling on him for a second time, but he undestood that her family had something going on, and she had to go. "Don't worry about it, Lennen. I understand. As for next Friday, I think I might be able to squeeze you in," Jonas jokes. "I really like you, too, Lennen. This first date is going to happen, no matter how many times you have to cancel on me."

"Thank you, Jonas. You're the best. Anyways, I need to finish packing because we are leaving to go to the airport in five hours, and I think I'm going to squeeze in a nap. I'll see you next Friday." Jonas told her goodbye and to have fun on her trip, anticipating her arrival home. Lennen hung up the phone and finished packing, excited for her trip and to come back home, so she could finally go on that date.