3.

It was finally time for the last class of the day, and Lennen's favorite, Student Council. Like in Newspaper, Lennen was able to express herself, create a voice for herself and her class. She enjoyed seeing all her hardwork pay off in rallies and spirit days and dances. 

"It's time to start planning Sadies week!" Sawyer was alwasy enthusiastic about spirit weeks that lead to dances, and she got to boss people around since she was Student Council President. Even though it was November, Student Council had to start planning the the week and the dance to make sure everything goes as planned, always wanting it to be more than perfect. Homecoming was a success and everyone had an amazing time; they wanted this dance to be just as amazing. "Start writing themes on the board and then we'll have a vote." A few people went up and wrote ideas, however, one stuck out to both Sawyer and Lennen. One of their good friends, Margo Callahan, had written down California. There were hundreds of ideas that could come from that theme, and it helped that their school was located in California. Once the last person sat down, Lennen and Sawyer went to the front, and the vote was unanimous, everyone had voted on the California theme. 

Lennen went to the board and wrote out the days of the week, each day needing a specific idea to dress up for. She turned to back to the class, "Ideas?" She watched has multiple hands shot up into the air, wanting to share their thoughts and ideas. She had written down the ideas and she then turned to look at Sawyer, wondering if what they had come up with was going to be approved. 

"This is going to be one of the best spirit weeks North Shore has ever seen," Sawyer smiled and thanked everyone in the class for being helpful. The bell rang, dismissing everyone for the weekend. Sawyer, Lennen, Margo, and another friend, Ellis Finley, had stayed behind, tiding up, and going over a few more things for the spirit week. 

"You guys want to go to the cafe?" Ellis asks. The cafe was was a popular spot for the group of four. It was a small, Italian place that no one could pronouce, other than Lennen since she was a quarter Italian. 

"That sounds great, but my dad needs help with tryouts," Lennen apologizes. Her dad had been the men's varsity soccer coach for the past six years and has led the team to win state championships every year. She said goodbye to her friends and headed to the soccer field, hoping to not have gotten there too late. Her eyes see about thirty boys doing laps around the field, led by Jonas. She dropped her bag and greeted her father with a hug. "What can I help with?" Lennen was more than happy to help her father with the tryouts, as she herself was a massive fan of the sport. She had been lucky enough to travel across the country and out to see some of the best teams play. Two years ago, her father surprised her with tickets to the World Cup in Brazil. Soccer had run through the family for generations. Her father, grandfather, and great-grandfather had all played professionally. Her father had always hoped his daughter would join high school soccer, but she always claimed "that it wasn't her thing."  He did, however, get lucky that his son also loved the sport and was trying out for the junior varsity team. 

"I want cones set up here for dribbling skills and then over there I want a two versus two mini game with the small goals," her dad directs. When Lennen wasn't busy on the weekends with homework, Student Council plans, or college planning, her and her dad would always go to kick the ball around at the field near their house. Her dad knows that Lennen could easily have a career playing soccer, but he knows that what she really loves is writing.  She was a phenomenal writer, who has so much potential to be a best-seller. Lennen nods and starts setting up what her dad wants. She watches as the boys start doing stretches to warm up, not helping but admire how attractive many of them are. She finds herself watching Jonas as he leads the rest of the guys. He was a natural team leader, knowing what to do since he had been in this position the last three years.