Ibiki

I sighed as I was bombarded by questions from my former team on the way back to Konoha.

"Why didn't you come back to Konoha?"  Naruto's voice cut through the others.  I looked at him.

"Because, Naruto, it is kind of hard to get up and walk to Konoha if you've been asleep for two and a half years."

He looked confused so I explained.

"Whenever my energy gets too low, my body shuts down and sends me into a coma for however long it takes to get my body back in shape.  So when I was caught by the Dragon Bone Net, it drained more energy than I had at the moment."

Kakashi shot his question before Naruto could reply.

"So, you're vulnerable to dragons or anything made from dragons.  Then why did you summon a dragon?"

I sighed, another explanation.

"Yes, I WAS vulnerable to dragons but I wasn't exactly idle during my coma-like state.  I trained with Ryuu, my dragon, in my mind world.  Eventually, I built up and immunity to dragons, so I can withstand hits from them now."

Kakashi nodded, taking in all the information. 

Now it was Sakura's turn.  Her question was something I wasn't expecting.

"Okami.  Do you still love Ibiki-sama?"

I stopped walking and turned to stare at her.

"Of course, I still love Ibiki.  Why do you ask?"

She suddenly looked nervous.  She began to chew on her lower lip.  The others also turned away and avoided my gaze.  Something is going on here.

The rest of the trip to Konoha was silent.  As soon as we crossed the gates, my team left on some sort of errond.  I decided to go to my house before checking in with Tsunade.

No one recognized me on the way there since I had my hood up.  I pulled out my key and opened the door.  As soon as the door was open, a foot was flying towards my face.  I swiftly dodged it and pinned the person to the wall.

"Bara?  You've grown."  The struggling figure in my grasp suddenly froze.

"O-Okami?!?!?!  How?!?!?!?!  Everyone thought you were dead!!!  I mean, you're on the KIA stone and everything.  And Ibiki..."   Her voice suddenly trailed off.  I narrowed my eyes at her.  There was obviously something they were not telling me about Ibiki.  I let her go and sat on the couch and stared at her.

"What about Ibiki, Bara?  It would be unwise for your health to keep things from me, brat."

She let out a strained chuckle at her old nickname.

"Yeah, I remember.   Ibiki... well.... he moved on, Okami.  He's with a woman named Anko now.  I won't say I'm sorry because I know you'll argue that I have nothing to be sorry about but...."  She sighed here.  "We all gave Ibiki hell for moving on so fast.  Especially Kakashi."

I felt my blood freeze at her speech.  Ibiki... moved on?  I dropped my head down in my hands.  I squeezed my eyes shut as a dull ache filled my chest.  He's with someone else. 

I don't know how long I sat there before I suddenly jumped up.  I guess I couldn't expect him to wait for me forever.  For Kami's sake, he thought I was dead!  I wasn't going to mourn the past.  I'll just...have to find the bright side of this situation.

I began looking around my house and an irk mark appeared on my forehead.

"BARA!!!!  WHAT THE HELL DID YOU DO TO MY HOUSE?!?!?!?!?!!?!?"