Chapter 1

**This story contains self harm, suicidal thoughts or actions, and other actions that some readers may be uncomfortable with.**This takes place after the first few episodes.**
          Betty's POV: Riverdale is sadness. Sadness is rain. Rain is beauty. The only beauty left in this scary, violent, town. When it rains, it reminds me there's still some hope for Riverdale. Maybe it's just one ray of sunshine, and not five, or six. But...it's something. For Jason to Rest In Peace. For my sister, Polly, to come back home. For Archie to decide what he wants. For Veronica to get her Dad out of jail. For Jughead to escape all of the sadness in his life. For me to figure everything out...one by one.
           And it all started on a rainy day. Maybe the rainiest day out of all.
          I was walking down the road by The Twilight Drive In, just wanting to clear my mind after figuring out Jason was shot. I noticed on the sign of the drive in, it said "closing soon". Seeing those words on the sign of the place I have some of the greatest memories, is tragic.
          I still remember the first time I went there. I had just met Archie when we were like 10, and we had just left Pop's. We didn't want to go home yet, so we were searching around for a second place we would love. Conveniently, we ran across The Twilight Drive In. As we walked in, we saw another little boy sitting on a bicycle by the entrance. He had this silly looking hat, with grey and white streaks. There was a crown relaxing on top. Under the hat sat black hair, with a little curl sliding out of the tip top.
Flashback:
          "Who are you?" Betty asked.
Young Jughead's POV: I was surprised to hear another kids voice around here. When I looked up, I saw a red head boy, holding a football. Next to him, was the girl that approached me. She had blonde hair, pulled back with curls falling out like a waterfall. She was wearing all pink, which was the complete opposite of me. I was wearing all black, so she must have been brave to approach a little boy from the South Side Serpents. Either that, or she was clueless. She was decent...almost pretty.
___________
Young Betty's POV: "I'm Archie, and this is Betty. What's your name?" He looked at me like I was from off of this Earth. "I'm Jughead. Jughead Jones the third." he said. "Hello, Jughead. What is this place?" I asked curiously. "It's a drive in. You come here and watch movies in your car." Said Jughead. "I'm gonna call you Juggie!"
And after that, all three of us were instantly friends. We watched a movie every single night, and enjoyed every single one.
____________
Betty's POV: And now, the last fun memory of our friendship was gone. With the snap of a finger...just like that. When I left for summer, something happened with Jughead and Archie. I don't know what, but something definitely happened. Something that kept Jughead away from me, too.
As I was walking, I decided to go through the entrance, for one of the last times. I saw the spot where Jughead sat...that one day. My favorite day when I met both of my best friends.
I sat down, and fell back into the grass, on my back. As I was looking up, it started to rain. At first it was drizzling, and then every minute it got louder, and louder. Every second, it got faster. And then, it was pouring. Now not just the rain, but my eyes. There were a million tears mixing into the rain, raindrops mixing with my tears. And then...it stopped. It all stopped, and the sun still wasn't back. It hadn't been back since Jason's death.
Before long, all of the thoughts swimming through my mind drifted out to my ears. And my head was clear, thoughtless. I drifted off to sleep, not thinking about where I was, or what would happen next.
Little did I know, things can take you by surprise.