The Proposal *Q

You stood at the kitchen sink rinsing dishes off and loading them into the dishwasher. Another boring Tuesday. Your boyfriend Q was out of town doing another show so you tried to keep yourself busy. Today you had decided on tidying up the house before he got back into town.

As you stood at the sink your mind wandered back to the phone call you had with him a few hours earlier. You missed him terribly but smiled thinking about the cute jokes he would tell you just to hear you laugh. Q had told you that was his favorite sound in the world.

A loud noise outside pulled you out of your daydream. Sirens. A familiar sound but these sounded close. It was definitely nearby and you were able to tell it was the siren from a fire engine. It was so close you had to cover your ears to muffle out the loud noise.

You peeked out of your window and saw the truck parked right in front of your house. You ran to another window assuming a neighbor's home must be on fire but didn't see any smoke. Confused you sniffed the air it's not my house is it? You thought aloud.

“(Y/N) EXIT THE FRONT DOOR AND COME OUTSIDE IMMEDIATELY”

You froze in your tracks as you heard the loud speaker on the fire truck. What was going on? You began to panic but did as you were told. You slowly opened your front door and stepped outside. The first thing that caught your attention was the truck with all it's lights flashing. You saw the ladder raised and people waving at you from the bucket attached to it. The next was a handful of fireman standing around it smiling. Smiling? Why were they smiling? That's when you saw him.

There was Q at the end of your walk way. His smile was bigger than you had ever scene. But you were still too confused to figure out what was going on so you stayed frozen in the same spot.

“Come here baby” Q said holding his hand out to you.

You slowly made your way down to him. The closer you got the more you noticed. The normal fire truck you had seen before actually had roses placed all over it. Then you noticed the engine number. It was Q’s old team from when he was in the fire department.

You stopped when you reached him, confusion all over your face.
“I thought you were out of town?” you asked.

Q smiled and took both of your hands in his.
“I love  you so much baby.” he smiled. But you could hear in his voice he was nervous.

“I love you too Q”

That's when it happened. He dropped down on one knee. Your heart began to race.

“(Y/N) I knew I loved you the day I met you. I love you in a way that scares me and makes me happier than anything I've ever known. When I picture the future I see it all with you. I don't want a day to go by without you by my side. Will you marry me?”

You stared at him and the ring he was holding unable to believe what was happening. You knew you loved Q and wanted this more than anything. You shook your head yes.
“Yes Q! That's all I've ever wanted!”

He placed the ring on your finger and stood up kissing you and hugging you tight. The firemen above you on the ladder dumped rose petals down on you while the others cheered and clapped.It was better than anything you could have imagined.