Batman to the rescue- Joe

You walked in the door of your apartment slinging your purse and keys on the table then fell back onto the couch. It had been a long day, your head was pounding and you felt like their was a dark cloud hovering over your head. You closed your eyes taking a deep breath massaging your temples, relishing  the peace and quiet. Suddenly your phone buzzed letting you know you have a new message.

Hey gorgeous are we still on for tonight?

You smile as you read the message your boyfriend Joe had sent you.

Raincheck? I'm not feeling up to it

You hated canceling on him but all you wanted to do was crawl into bed and pull the covers over your head.

Are you OK? What's wrong?

You could sense his disappointment but didn't want him to worry.

I'm fine. Just a long day

You close your eyes falling asleep when  knocking wakes you up. You get up groggy and walk to the front door..nothing. You shake your head assuming you had been dreaming when you hear the knock again. You look around realizing it's coming from the sliding glass door. You walk over pulling back the curtain to see Joe standing there blowfishing on the glass.

“Joe what are you doing?” you laugh unlocking the door to let him in.

“I tried the front door but you didn't answer” he said stepping inside.

“Sorry I fell asleep” you hug him and then pull away sighing making your way back over to the couch.

“What's wrong? You sick?” he asks walking over to feel your forehead.

“No. I'm just...blah” was the best word you could come up with.

“OK! I can fix blah!” he smiled jumping up running to your bedroom.

“Joe what are you doing?” you called out.

“Just looking for something I left here a few weeks ago!”
You could hear him rummaging through the closet and opening drawers. After a few minutes of silence you heard him running back down the hallway to you.

“Have no fear Batman is here!” He announced proudly standing before you in his Batman costume pajamas.

You immediately burst out in laughter. This is what you loved about him. He would do anything to make you smile. Joe walked.over to you propping up your feet and fluffing a pillow behind your back.

“Stay comfy while Batman whips up some dinner” he kissed your cheek and made his way to the kitchen.

You watched as he heated up the food quietly cursing to himself as he made a mess. He would hold out his arms in front of him pretending to fly from the stove to the refrigerator. But you were almost in tears from laughing when his cape got shut in the fridge door jerking him back as he took off ‘flying’.

“Damn cape” he hissed.

“Would you care to join me in the bat cave for some dinner?” He asked once everything was ready.

You enjoyed a nice romantic dinner complete with candles he had lit and placed on the table.

“This was perfect. Thank you baby” you said kissing his cheek.

He smiled wiggling his eyebrows “care to pay me back?”

“What do you have in mind?” you asked.

Joe smiled, spinning around sideways in his chair and hanging upside down.
“Kiss me like in the movie!”

You couldn't hold back your laughter “that was spiderman baby. But I'll do it anyway.”
You leaned down placing a soft kiss on his lips.

Joe smiled sitting back up. He moved closer kissing you again. This time the kiss was long and passionate, sending chills across your body. As he pulled away he winked “now, let's go to the other bat cave and have some real fun.”

Oh did this man know how to cheer you up❤