{Chapter 1} Social Status

I heard my alarm going off and with a groan I opened my eyes, trying to block the sunlight from hitting them and with my other hand, searching for my phone to turn off my morning alarm. Monday. The day I hated the most. Another week of school, homework and worst of all, waking up in the morning. Why can't I just graduate right now and get over with this...? One more year and I'm free...one more year.

After my everyday before school morning thoughts, I decided to open my eyes fully, now being immune to the sunlight and with very slow moves to get up and start getting ready for school. Now, standing I cheked my phone to see what time it was. 6:39. Nice. Taking the necessary things I needed and my school uniform I decided it would be nice if I took a morning shower as usual and that's what I did.

Not too long after, I now walked out of my room, having put on my uniform, wearing my shoes, my backpack hanged on my left shoulder and my hair in a tight, high ponytail, ready for school. With a deep sigh I walked down the stairs to have breakfast.

 ''Good Morning Arin'' my mom greeted me as I stepped my foot on the kitchen. ''Good morning!'' I greeted back with a hug, while my eyes were searching around for something edible. ''Mom, do we have cereal?'' I ask opening the fridge and taking out the milk. ''Yes but hurry. Sehee called and she will come to pick you up, you don't have much time honey'' my mom warned and looked back down at some papers she had in front of her. ''Oh nice. Um...what are you doing mom?'' I asked curiously while looking at her papers.

 ''Just correcting some tests for my students'' she replied her eyes still stuck on the papers. ''I always complain about being a student but being a teacher seems way worse'' I say in a chuckle, picking up my empty bowl of cereal and putting it on the kitchen sink.

My mom was an English teacher who was home schooling kids who wanted to learn English and since in Korea, English is not a language many people are fluent at there are not many teachers and the ones that work as English teachers have more that enough students to teach.  

The sound of the door knocking made us both stop our conversation and turn towards the direction of where the sound came from. ''Oh, Sehee's here, gotta go mom, I love you, bye'' I greeted my mom in a hurry and ran towards the door, excited that I would see my friend after a whole weekend.

Before I even opened the door fully I felt a body attacking mine and pulling me in for a tight hug. Of course. ''Arin good morning!'' Sehee, squealed next to my ear which almost turned me deaf. ''Heyy! I'm gonna go deaf'' I detached myself from her embrace, greeting her and holding my ear with my right hand. ''Let's go!'' she said eagerly and walked ahead of me with a huge smile on her face. 

''What are you so happy about? It's school we're going to you know'' I said in a frown, questioning her unusual attitude.

 ''I know...I know it's just...-'' she got cut off by the sound of a car horn from across the street.

 ''Guys are you coming or should I leave you two here to walk to school and leave by myself?'' a male voice spoke from the car. ''Huh?'' I was taken aback. Me and Sehee would always walk to school since it wasn't that far, except the days it was raining where her mother or my father would drive us to school since our families were close. ''Coming oppa!!'' she yelled in a gigle towards the car. 

''Oppa?!?'' I pulled her closer and wispered to her ear in a panicked way since the man's voice was not her father's voice

. ''Yeah, Sejun will drive us to school today'' she answered in a grin while she was practically dragging me towards the car.

 ''...great''

Lim Sejun. Sehee's older brother. One of the school's biggest heartthrobs. Or should I say f*ckboys. Unlike us, Sejun was in the most popular group of the school with some other guys. It was not that I had something against him but he and his best friend, Byungchan are the ''players'' of the school, they hit on every girl and in general they change girlfriends like t-shirts. Every day a new one. They have not done anything bad to me, I just don't like people like them. Sejun is a nice and likeable guy outside of school or in my case everytime I visit Sehee and he's there, but when he is with the rest of his friends in school...do not approach him..! 

Player | VICTON - Heo ChanOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara