Chapter Fifteen: Not Bad...

Chapter 15

I looked at Mikel, waiting for him to answer. He sat there staring at me. “Mikel, hun, are you okay?” I said quietly. His eyes were wide, and his hand shook a bit. Finally, he spoke.

“You’re- you’re p-p-pregnant?” He stuttered as he spoke, as if he couldn’t accept what I just told him. I nodded and asked him, “So, now can I know what happened at that party a few weeks ago?” He nodded back and he explained.

“So, we were at the party, right? Well, once you won that game thing, and threw up on Kelsey, you kind of acted a little funny. So, I took you home, and by that time when i got you to your room, I felt a bit weird. Someone had put something in my drink. So... you started rubbing up on me and.... yeah. I only remember to the part when you rubbed up on me, and thats it.” 

He looked at the table, not making eye contact, as if I was supposed to be disappointed in him. I wasn’t mad at him, but I thought he was going to be mad at me.

Once he looked up, he smiled. I gave him a look of confusion and said, “Why are you smiling?” He leaned across the table close enough to me where he kissed me and whispered, “I’m excited to be your baby’s daddy.” That made me happy, so I smiled really big. 

Julio and Josh came back and they were holding a pie. I don’t have any clue why, but they were. Mikel got up out of the booth before I got out, and we walked to the car.

Once we got in the car, the boys wanted to know everything about Mikel and I’s conversation. “Did it go well?” “What did he say?” “I saw you two kiss!” “Is he leaving?” “We need to take you to the doctor!” “I’m hungry.” “You just ate.” “Who cares! I want pie!” “NO most of this pie is for Alice and baby Alice! You don’t need any!” “YES I DO!” 

That is what I heard most of the way home. I answered what I could, and laughed at others. Once we did get home, the boys both ran to the house phone, trying to be the first to call the doctor and set up an appointment. I was extremely tired. Damn this baby. I went to the kitchen, ate a piece of the pie real quick, and I went up to the bathroom. I took a long shower, trying to relieve stress and think through things. 

I finally got out when Josh was banging on the door. “GET OUT PLEASE OR CAN I COME IN AND PEE ALI PLEASE I HAVE TO REALLY BAD!” I made my way past him while I was in pajamas and he stopped and looked at me. “You’re going to bed already?” He asked looking at my pajama shorts, which happened to be rubber ducks all over it. I have loved rubber ducks ever since I was a baby. No joke. I looked back at him and rubbed my eyes. “Yes, I am. I’m tired as hell, thanks to this baby being the reason I’m sick and such.” He nodded, and I made my way to my bed.

Hey, At least today went well.... Right?