Chapter Ten: Holy Jesus.

Chapter 10

I woke up a bit dizzy, due to nightmares. I opened my eyes slightly, and looked around the living room. I had a blanket over me. I’m guessing Josh found me at some point and saw me shivering. I kept the blanket on me, and looked to see if Josh was in the kitchen. Yeah, there he was. I got up and walked into the kitchen with the blanket wrapped around me. I reached Josh, and hugged him and put my head on his back. I think I startled him, but then he realized it was me, and hugged my arms, since I was behind him.

I stopped hugging him and sat on the counter next to where he was. He was on his laptop on one of his favorite websites that he could create quotes on. I looked at the screen and read his quote. I looked at him and smiled, and he smiled back. 

In the mornings, sometimes we don’t talk, if we are that tired, but we still communicate. Us twins communicate special ways.

I nodded at him, and I looked at the fridge. He knew exactly what I meant and shut his laptop. We walked to our rooms and got dressed. I found myself upon the huge closet, and I picked out an outfit. I threw on some pink-red jean shorts, with a black teeshirt that had an infinity sign on it, my black converse, and my black beanie. 

I did my make up real quick, and I headed out my bedroom door. I stood by Josh’s door waiting for him to come out.

When he finally came out, he was wearing almost the same exact thing as me. Except, instead of shorts, he was wearing pink-red skinny jeans. I giggled, as well as he did, and we walked to the car. 

I pulled the keys out of my backpack, and I got into the driver side. It was my turn to drive. I pulled out of the driveway, and drove to Walmart.

Once we got there, we got out of the car and walked inside. This Walmart was huge, and you don’t find that very often near where we are. We made it to the food section, and Josh happened to find the skittles automatically. He squealed with joy when he found them and he grabbed five family size bags and threw them in our basket. I told him to put three back, and he got upset. I said, “Josh, this week we have a limited amount of money. When Aunt gives us more, then we can buy more skittles.” He sighed, and put two back. I made an agreement, since I love skittles as well as he does. 

We walked around Walmart getting food and other daily items. We were in the checkout line with a bunch of different items in the basket, and I realized I forgot my deodorant. I use Axe, for two reasons. One, that girl deodorant is freaking awful and doesn’t work, and two, it smells like I’ve been hugging boys or something. I told Josh I’d be right back, and dashed to that aisle. I was searching for the type I use, and happened to be walking backward at the same time, and ran into somebody.

I fell onto my ass, as well as he did too. I looked at the ground and got up, as I was continually apologizing to him. When I looked up at him, he was laughing a bit. Hey, he looked familiar. Where did I know him from? He must have been thinking the same exact thing, cause then he asked me, “Hey, do I know you?” 

I couldn’t think of where I had seen him from, and then finally his eyes lit up as he realized. “Oh yeah! I helped you the other day while I was at work. I work at Subway. Hey, you changed your hair.” My eyes got a bit wide, and I smiled. “Oh yeah, I remember now! And yes, I did change my hair.” I finally spotted the deodorant I wanted, and I pulled it off the shelf. 

He chuckled and said, “We should talk sometime more... not in an awkward situation such as this.” He pulled out his phone and I assume he went to the “Add Contacts” because he turned his phone to me to put in a new contact. I put in my name, and my number, and gave his phone back. He smiled and said, “Alice. What a pretty name you have.” 

I swear how he said that gave me butterflies. My phone buzzed, causing me to jump a bit into the guy. I blushed a bit, and apologized. I pulled out my phone and Josh texted me, Hurry! It’s almost time to pay! 

I looked up at the Subway guy, and I said, “I’m sorry, but I have to go. Text me, okay?” He nodded, and I dashed back to the cash register. We payed for everything and went back to the car. As we finished putting the things into the car, my phone buzzed. I ignored it for the moment, and then got into the car and drove home. I drove kinda fast because I was eager to text that guy back.

Was it just me, or was it hot when I was by him?