Chapter Nine: Tears and Hurt

Chapter 9

Once Josh and I got home, I went and took a nap to get rid of my migraine. I think Josh did the same, but I couldn’t be too sure. I plopped myself on my bed, and drifted to a heavy sleep.

9:24pm

I woke up, stretched out a bit, rubbed my eyes, turned over, and saw Josh. He was just standing there. He gave me a smile, so I smiled back. He went and sat in my bean bag chair and just kept looking at me. I giggled and said, “You can talk, I don’t bite y’know.” He didn’t do anything. I looked at him a bit questioningly and said, “What’s wrong?” He sighed, and just looked at the ground. I came and sat in front of my bean bag, and I looked into his eyes. He looked hurt, so I asked no further.

I kept looking into his eyes, and his eyes began to fill with tears. I hugged him, and he began to sob. I didn’t want to question him any further, so I went along with it. I just stood there and held him.

After a few minutes, I hear him sniffle and say in a hurt voice, “Alice, can I ask you something?” I let him stand up completely, since I’m a little shorter than him. I nodded and said, “You can tell me anything.” He cleared his throat and said, “You’ll always be here for me, right?” I looked him in the eyes and said, “Of course I am always here for you. Don’t think otherwise.” I hugged him tight as he continued being upset.

11:04pm

Well, Josh fell asleep crying in my arms, so I practically dragged him to his bed. I went downstairs and I turned on the tv. I glanced over to our picture wall, and I saw a picture of my mom and dad. I wanted to cry. Ever since that plane crash, Josh and I have had to take care of ourselves. Luckily we have some close family, and they help pay for some of our things.

It’s been almost three years without my mom and dad. When Josh and I got the news, we bursted into tears. I didn’t talk to anybody much after that, besides Julio and Josh. It was a struggle for me. Whoever got too close to me at school and tried to help me, I’d push them away. Maybe that’s why I am who I am today. A bitch who thinks my own way. I don’t know.

I sighed, and laid on the couch and watched whatever was playing until I fell asleep again. I just couldn’t take the pain anymore.

Besides, who would care if I’m hurt now?