“Raped.” I replied bluntly. My harsh tone caught his attention.

“I'm so sorry.” I saw that tears had formed in his eyes and my face softened.

“It's not your fault, Andy. If anything, it's mine.”

“Don't you dare, Rose. Don't you fucking dare. It wasn't your fault and you know it.” He said forcefully, his tears disappearing from his steely blue eyes. He reached out to touch me but I moved away.

“Please, don't.” I spoke timidly as hot tears filled my eyes. I couldn’t have him touching me. Not now.  

“I'm not him, sweetie.” Andy tried to reassure. I still shook my head as I sobbed.

“Please.” I begged, burying my face in my hands. I knew it pained him to see me like this when he couldn't do anything but I just couldn't handle him touching me no matter how much I desperately wanted him to.

“Okay, Rosie.” He agreed, smiling softly. I didn't say anything back to him for a little while. I just stared at the blank walls in front of me.

I glanced at the time and it was quite late. I yawned, feeling tired. He stood up to leave.

“I should go, you probably want to rest.” Andy said.

“Don't leave me here on my own.” I replied, looking up at him. He smiled sympathetically as he sat back down again.

“I won't.” He whispered. I closed my eyes again, wanting to sleep.

“Goodnight, Rose.” I heard Andy speak as I fell into a deep sleep.

*

My eyelids fluttered open as I woke up again. I noticed that Andy had fallen asleep in the chair which meant that he hadn't gone home. A brief smile crossed my face as I watched him sleep. He must have been very uncomfortable as he had a frown on his face. I looked away as my staring was a little weird. A woman entered the room giving me a small smile.

“Rose, how are you?” She asked. I narrowed my eyes.

“Well, I've been better.” I told her. She nodded, taking a seat.

“I'm Detective Taylor and I want to help you. I’ve been assigned to your case.” She told me. I nodded wearily. She made it sound so clinical.

“I know this is going to be hard but do you think you could tell me what happened that night?” Detective Taylor asked. I hesitated, pulling at a loose thread on the duvet. Andy stirred, waking up. He yawned as he smiled at me. He looked at the detective and grimaced.

“Rose?” She pressed.

“Erm...” I glanced at Andy, wanting him to leave as I didn't want him to hear what I was going to say. He wasn't getting the message and he continued to sit there.

“Sir, can I speak to her alone?” The detective insisted.

“Don't you want me here?” Andy looked at me with eyes full of hurt.

“I just -”

“I'm going.” He exited the room, shutting the door loudly behind him. I let out an exasperated sigh as the detective placed a hand on my arm. This didn’t bother me, she was a woman.  

“So, that night?” She gave me an encouraging smile before I began to tell her all that I could remember.

“I left Andy's house in the morning, pissed off with him. We'd had an argument and I couldn't face him.” I admitted.

“And this was about you sleeping with someone, yes?” I nodded.

“I know it sounds really stupid but I really like Andy but he's got a girlfriend and I just wasn't thinking straight.” I babbled. She just gave me a sad smile.