Chapter 18

I'M SORRY, I'M SORRY, I'M SORRY! THIS WAS SO HARD TO WRITE! Please don't hate me. 

It's not the end of the story, by the way :3

Disclaimer: It may be triggering..?

<3 xo

Joolii

Please comment, vote and fan! (Don't hate me too much!)
____________________________________________________________________________

“Do you swear to tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth so help you God?”

“I swear.” I spoke shakily, avoiding eye contact with everyone and just looking at my lawyer like she had instructed.

“Now, Miss Lane. I understand that that night was traumatic for you but would you please tell the jury what happened?” Maria asked, her voice kind.

“Erm, I had an argument with Andy.” I recalled.

“And what was this about?”

“I'd slept with someone the night before because I was drunk and jealous of his girlfriend. We weren't together then, so...”

“I understand. Then what happened?”

“Well, I'd stormed out and wasn't intending to return until later that night as I knew the rest of the band would be there. When it was dark, I was making my home when I heard someone speak behind me. I carried on walking, though.” I stopped talking as the tears welled up in my eyes. I looked up at Andy who bit his lip, looking pretty guilty.

“Then what, Rose?” Maria questioned.

“Well, I was grabbed from behind and dragged into an alleyway.” Tears rolled down my face as I remembered what happened afterwards.

“Would you like a glass of water, Miss Lane?” The judge asked.

“N-No, I'm fine.” I declined, wiping my eyes.

“Carry on, Rose.” My lawyer smiled sadly.

“Then, he hit me a few times. I fell to the floor and he kept telling me to shut up. He, erm, raped me after that and said that it was our little secret.” I broke down then and the jury had sympathetic faces on. There were shocked gasps when people heard the truth of what had happened.

“Thank you for that, Miss Lane.” The judge said, smiling sadly.

“No further questions.” Maria spoke, sitting down.

“Mr Valentine?” The defence lawyer stood up and looked at me, waiting for me to stop crying.

“I'm sorry to hear of your troubles, Miss Lane. But how do you know it was Peter York who attacked you?”

“I-I heard his voice.” I answered.

“Ah, yes. But you were upset at the time; you would have chosen any of them. You just happened to choose my client.” He said, crossing his arms.

“Objection!” Maria shouted.

“Withdrawn.” Mr Valentine smirked.

“Now, let's go back to that night. You say that Mr York raped you yet he didn't seem to have any marks on him nor you, Miss Lane. Didn't you fight back?” I looked at him straight in the eye and felt all hope fall away from me.

“No.” I said quietly.

“What was that?”

“No, I didn't fight back.” I said louder this time.