2x39 - The Darkness Within.

Start from the beginning

"Blastoise Hydro Pump!"

"Snowy Icey Wind!"

Serena, Gary, and Lillie commanded trying to supply cover fire.

Greninja dodged the blasts of fire, water, and ice still heading towards the trainers.

"Pikachu Iron Tail!" Ash commanded.

"Pika!" It replied, it's tail starting to glow running towards the Pokemon, the two engaged in combat again, striking each other with tail and blades, unable to land a direct hit.

"Keep him there Pikachu! Absol!" Will called out.

"Sol!" It cried rushing and striking Greninja after it had countered one of Pikachus strikes.

The Night Slash sent Greninja flying backwards, landing on it's feet. For a moment Greninja flickered from it's darkened stare back to its usual blue.

"Greninja. GREN!"

"Did you see that?" Ash asked.

"Yeah, it seems for a moment the energy was losing control." Lillie said in return.

"What caused the flicker though." Will pondered.

"Maybe it has to do something with the energy. If Greninja is corrupted by Mega Evolution Energy, it could be possible the energy itself has corrupted as well." Clemont explained.

"What does that mean?" Serena asked.

"Two negatives equal a positive. If we were to counter it with another Negative energy it may purify the energy in Greninja back to it's normal state." Clemont explained.

"That makes sense. But how would we be able to counter it with something we don't have?" Ash asked.

"Perhaps we do. Dark types are able to control a dark energy to attack. Perhaps it's similar enough to Greninja's that it can counter it. Explaining why the Night Slash did that." Will said trying to explain his train of thought.

"That would explain why Greninja is so strong. Being part Dark type the energy would flow in it better, corrupted or not." Lillie said connecting dots.

"In that case we are gonna need Absol to get some good hits in." Ash said.

"But if it's able to recover so quickly I don't think Absol could keep up with it's stamina." Serena countered.

"Then we combine the plans. If I hit it with a Z-Move it should be stunned long enough for you all to get a blow in. At that point maybe Ash can get Greninja out." Will said thinking up a plan.

"Sounds good." Ash replied.

"In that case we need to get it to stand still. If I miss this is over." Will replied.

"Got it." The group replied.

While the group battled the friend turned foe, Bonnie watched from afar wishing she could help. One day she would be a trainer like them and become even stronger then them.