Chapter 14: An unexpected turn of events

Start from the beginning

"Seems we've got company." Aidan smiled broadly. "Be a dear and distract them for me."

I whistled loudly, signalling my men to attack. They all immeiatelly stormed towards their enemy, both jedi's included. As Anakin's saber swung around to hit his assaulters, I flew towards him, gliding over all the others.

He noticed me too late to ready himself. I jumped right on him, sending us tumbling down the hall as we battled for dominance. Only I wasn't trying to hurt him, only to grasp his weapon.

And so I did. While Anakin was trying to get up I had snatched his weapon from his large hands, now standing back on my own feet as he too regained his balance.

His dangerous eyes narrowed at me further, a snarl escaping from his mouth. "You're getting on my nerves, feathers." He growled. "Give me back my lightsaber and maybe I'll let you live."

"So that's what they're called." I smiled as I juggled with his weapon. "Come and get it." I narrowed my eyes too and then unwrapped my wings, flying off in the opposite direction of where he was.

"LYANNA!!!" Anakin yelled furiously as I could hear his footsteps following me while we entered the vault again.

"Anakin? What are you doing?!" Obi-Wan's irritated voice came from a distance as I flew towards the centre of the battle. "Don't tell me that she stole your saber."

"She did." Anakin shrugged and smiled smugly at his former master.

"Just bloody take mine." Obi-Wan threw his saber towards Anakin who caught it easily and then spedd off towards me.

"Oh no, this is much worse." I mumbled before running off again, making my way through the battlefield and towards the hallway where I had a trap prepaired.

I ran through the hallway, taking a few turns left and right until I arrived at the room I was searching for. It was the end of the passage with no way to escape except for turning back. I stood there facing the wall in the dimmlit room, waiting for Obi-Wan to catch up.

I heard his footsteps echo through the hall right op to the point where he entered the room and came to a halt. A few moments of silence passed as Obi-Wan took in his surroundings.

"We've got to stop meeting like this." Obi-Wan sounded light-hearted but his clenched fists told me otherwise.

"What do you suggest, a nice and cozy bar? Or a romantic restaurant perhaps?" I sarcastically remarked with my back turned towards him.

"As much as I would like to, I don't think it's a good idea." His chuckle filled my ear but then suddenly it seemed like the mood in the room changed drastically as he took a step towards me.

"It's over, Lyanna, you've got no means to escape." I heard his voice from behind me as my hand traced the outlines of Anakin's saber.

"You remember last time you said something familiar?" I cringed as my voice loudly echoed through the room.

"Do not worry, princess, I won't be surprised as easily again." He remained silent a few seconds until he continued. "Hand over the saber."

"Come and get it." I made no move as to ready or defend myself as he made his way towards me. At first he was reluctant but then his steps got louder and more frequent, his confidence growing with each step that he took.

Until he stepped on the wrong tile and a cage slammed down from above, like a mouse trapped before it could reach its treat. I smiled, knowing that the trap worked better than I thought. I turned around to face him while juggling with Anakins's saber, walking towards the cage as Obi-Wan inspected his prison.