Chapter 27

Sorry!! I haven't updated in a long time! I have been attached to Divergent (FOURTRIS <4)... I finished the series within a week! (I'm a slow reader!) Any who sorry again! I will write this action packed chapter to make up for lost time.

Chapter 27

~Bella POV~

Jacob just asked me if he and Ness could get married. I was shocked that he asked so soon. I could tell that my facial expression wasn't that good, cause Jake's face looked sad. "I understand Bella, it's to soon," he said, sadly, "no!" I told him, "I was just a little shocked," "oh, so?" he asked, "yes," I told him, "I wouldn't want Renessme to marry anyone else," I was crushed into a big bear hug.

"thanks Bells," he said, "your welcome Jacob," "yes," Edward told Jacob, I looked at him questionably, he just shook his head. Stupid mind reading. "bye Bells" Jacob said and took off into the forest. "bye Jake!" I called off to him.

"I take it you said yes?" I asked Edward as I turned to face him. "yes, Nessie loves him and he loves her. Its true love," he replied, wow, Edward always hated the idea of Ness and Jacob.

"well I'm glad," I told him, "and I'm glad your here with me," I growled playfully, he chuckled. I grabbed his hand and led him to my room in the castle.

"wow," Edward muttered as we entered my room, "I think Aro likes you," I laughed, "well I had to charm my way into this room, but it was worth it." I said, "you had to charm your way in?" he asked, "well not really charm but compromise" I said, "I agreed to go on any mission he wants me to go on. He tried to get me to drink human blood to be stronger but I refused." "well I'm glad," he said, "I'm the only one in this castle with gold eyes," I joked, "very lovely gold eyes," Edward added, I laughed, "you don't know how much I love you." I told him.

I didn't give him time to answer, I crushed my lips to his. He kissed me back with as much force, he picked me up and ran into the castle. "upstairs, 4th room on the right." I told him and he ran into that room, Aro made it sound proof for these occasions.

The next day I went on a walk in the woods. Edward wanted to speak with Aro. I warned him not to trade places with me, he told me he wouldn't. While walking I listened to the noises around me. I found a large rock near a river and sat on it. I listened to all the animals and the soothing sound of the rivers rushing waters.

I sat for what seems like forever. I went back to the castle and found Edward and Alec talking, oh God. This can't be good. "hey guys," I say as I enter the room, "hey Bells," Alec said, "Bella." I corrected him. Only my father could call me that.

"Hey Bella," Alec said again, "Alec," I nodded my head towards him. "are you ok?" Edward asked me, "yes," I snapped quickly, "I mean, yes, I'm fine, why do you ask?" I asked him, "your acting a little strange"  he said, "well I'm fine," I insisted, I mean I'm definitely not going to tell him about the incident with Alec.

"Is there something you need to tell me?!" Edward growled at Alec. He just stood there and I saw his black mist going for Edward. I quickly shielded him, "nice try," I spat at Alec. "Come here," Edward grabbed my hand and took me to some room down the hall, "what is going on? Alec has been singing songs in his head to keep me out of it and in between songs I got a glimpse of what he was thinking, and he was with you," Edward said, his voice cracking at the last part.

"ok, Alec tried flirting with me and wouldn't leave me alone so I attacked him, he hasn't done anything since." I insisted, he sighed, "you would tell me if anything-" I cut him off,  "yes I would, I promise," I told him.

We continued our day at the castle. Alec didn't bother us for the whole day. Later that night Aro calls me into the throne room. I walked in and shut the large doors behind me, "yes, master?" I ask him. We have to call him, Marcus, and Caius master, I never understood why but it's just required.

"you can go back to your family for a couple months," he said, "What? Really?" I half yelled half asked, "yes, for your daughters wedding, but after that you need to come back," he stated, "yes! absolutely!" I squealed, "when can I leave?" I asked him, "now," he told me, "pack your things. I will see you soon Isabella" he never calls me Bella.

I packed my stuff and me and Edward were half way home. We ran really fast, I guess I was eager to see everyone, of course Alice knew we were coming but nobody else did.

We got home and I walked in after Edward, I was engulfed in a bunch of hugs. "what are you doing here?!" Renessme asked me, "I'm home for a couple weeks, then I have to leave," I told her, She sighed, "well Its better than nothing." I hugged her the longest.

"I love you," she told me, "I love you to, Ness," I said, She pulled away and ran. "Ness?" I asked, "She's sick," Emmet said, "she got sick once today already"  "is she okay?" I panicked, she got sick once when she was younger, but it was only the flu.

She came back downstairs, "Ness, do you feel okay?" I asked her, "No, not really." she muttered and sat on the couch. "what hurts?" I asked her, "well my stomach, my back aches a little, and my head feels weird," she said, "oh," I pondered on that for a minute.

"Ness?" I asked her, she nodded for me to continue, "come here," she come over to me and I grab her hand, "well be back." I tell the family, "Bella," Edward starts but I raise my hand, "not now, I need to talk to Ness, I will talk to you guys after," I say and walk out of the house with Nessie.

We get to the cottage and I sit with Ness on the couch. "Ness?" I ask her, "what," she whispered, "you have to tell me the whole truth here okay?" I tell her, She nods her head. "ok, when did you start feeling bad, like your stomach hurt or stuff like that." I asked her, She thought for a moment, "On Sunday," she finally says, "and today is Thursday so that was 4 days ago," I clarify, "when was the last time you and Jacob.." I trailed off hoping she would get where I was going.

"oh," she blushed, "promise you won't get mad?"  she asked me, "I promise," I told her, "Friday night" She whispered and blushed a deep red, "ok," I sighed, "anytime before that? Except at camp."  "ya," she muttered, "how many times?" I asked. Man her and Jacob know how to keep things a secret. I have to keep an eye on Jake.

"how does this help with anything?" She asked, she was avoiding the question, "Ness," I say, she sighed, "only once," she said, "so 3 times in total,"  I groan, "what?" She asked, "DAMMIT RENESSME!" I yelled, she flinched at my words, "sorry," I said more calmly, I listened for a minute. "mom?" She asked, "one minute, quiet," I told her, She sat back in the couch and stayed quiet.

I listened for a minute and found what I was looking for. A faint heartbeat.

a/n

Fear doesn't shut you down, it wakes you up.