Newspaper Company

I decided to lock my bedroom door just in case. Sitting in my bed at midnight writing in my notebook on this new play I thought about a few days ago. It's about a prince who turns into a cat by a evil wizard. But right now I am having writer block so it is hard to think about what to write next. I only written one page since I thought about it. I sigh and put the notebook on my night stand and turned off the light for the night. Decided to rest my brain and let my mind drift me to sleep.

I woke to my alarm clock telling me it is time for me to get ready for work. I groaned as I turned off my alarm and sat up. I took a shower and got dressed in a grey business suit. I got down stairs and over to the kitchen. I saw that Len was already awake drinking coffee and eating toast and scrambled eggs, "Your up early?" I said as I pour myself a cup of coffee.

He looks over at me from the newspaper he was reading that appears to be the 2008 paper, "Well in prison you get up at 5 am so I got used to getting up before dawn," he smiles with a greeting, "I made eggs and toasts if you want some?"

"Thank you but I am sticking to just coffee like I usually do," I sat across the kitchen table next to him. He looks back down at the newspaper, "Why are you reading that?"

He looks up, "Wondering why you are keeping this?"

I sigh, "Well anyway I have to go to work. Stay in the house while I am gone and I hope when I get back you will tell me what you are doing here. Oh and don't touch anything on that desk over there. I have a book shelf you can entertain yourself with and I have tv with a whole bunch of dvds in the living room. So enjoy," I smile a fake smile at him and went out of house and over to my car. Maybe I should do some shopping after work since I have now a unwanted guest in my house. 

My boss was riding on me all day today. He tells me this and that and not leaving me alone. He is also mad at me for something I done two months ago he should forgive me on that by now.

My coworker Lexi invited me out for lunch. She noticed that I needed a break from being at work. I needed that break a long time ago but I never will quit this company and since I am like a son to the boss he will never think of firing me. 

Lexi and I walked over to a subway, sitting down at a table next to the window. Lexi unwraps her sandwish and takes a bite, "So what is new with you?" she wondered.

I choked on my sandwish and looked at her.

"You ok?" 

I nodded. Chewing the rest of my food in my mouth and swallowed, "I got a guest that showed unexpectedly at my house lastnight."

"Oh really?" 

"Yes. He seems to be mid aged from the look of him."

"Oooo he?" she put her food down, "is he cute and single?"

I shrug my shoulder. If he had someone they probably left him after being put in jail, "I am not sure didn't ask." I decided to leave the part of him being a criminal who escaped from jail she would probably call the cops and get him arrested if she knew. 

"I want to meet him," she says, "who knows he might be my type."

I roll my eyes while she wasn't looking, "Might as well come over for dinner tomorrow?"

She takes a bite from her sub and nods, "Awesome can't wait to meet your guest," she smiles and finishes her half part of the sub and wraps the other half in the sub paper. 

I did the same and put it in my business bag for later.

The rest of the work day was a bit interesting I got a job by the boss to interview and write about a Football player named Jack. Who in our little town he is a pretty good player and a star. So my job was to interview him and write everything he says down on my work notebook. I sat listening to Jack and asked questions now and then but mostly listen and write it down. After the interview he shook my hand and knowing who I was in the past time he was glad to finally meet me in person. Even though that part of my life is a sensitive matter I just looked at him and smiled. This time a real smile to have a football star notice my work. 

After work I went over to starbucks to get a mocha. I am going to need it tonight while writing the interview down from Jack on the computer. My boss Mr. Thomson wants it done and ready to print tomorrow. So I need lots of energy to finish the project. I stop by safeway and got some  groceries.