Chapter 34

Your P.O.V

I walked down the halls, yawning as I did so before the guards stopped moving. I did as well, and they opened a set of double doors, and I was a little shocked as I saw who was inside.

Mistress Rosetta, Willow, and Lady Zianna herself sat behind a table, all talking with cups of water and pieces of paper with quills on the side. They turned their attention to me when I entered, and smiled.

"Your highness!" I exclaimed and hurriedly bowed. I heard Lady Zianna chuckle before she sighed. "We are equals now! A curtsy would be more than enough." She exclaimed in a playful manner, making me stand up straight.

"Alright! We are here to judge the dresses you try on today! We're just here to tell you yes or no, and write down our favorites, so don't feel nervous. We're not judging you just the dress." Willow explained, and I gave her a smile before nodding.

"Alright..." I trailed off, not really feeling like dressing up like a five year old today. Mistress Rosetta clapped. "Alright ladies let's get this show started!" She exclaimed, and suddenly two pairs of arms grabbed each of my arms and rushed me into a closet space.

I yelped before the door shut behind me, making me groan as I knew that today was gonna be a long day.

-+~•~+-

I walked out in the first dress they picked out. It hugged my torso but completely fanned out around my legs, making it look like a giant hemisphere. The dress collar was a turtle neck and had connecting long sleeves. If I'm being completely honest, I felt like I was an eighty year old getting married for the first time, and I nearly tripped on the skirt seven times. I counted.

I stepped out of the closet with the help of the maids and stood in the middle of the room, flushing red as the three women looked me up and down.

"Whoever designed this needs glasses and obviously wasn't wearing them when they made this over-decorated trash bag." Mistress Rosetta commented and started to write down something on her piece of paper.

Lady Zianna sweat dropped. "That was a little harsh, but I can't help but agree with that statement." She said and wrote down something on her own paper.

Willow gave me a shrug and smiled. I gave her a small grin in return before I was rushed right back into the dressing room.

-+~•~+-

This time, my shoulders were exposed, but there was a sleeve that looped around my upper arms and met together above my chest with a white gem. The dress itself had a plain torso, but an incredible ruffled skirt. I kinda liked the ruffles because they were fun to play with, and the design wasn't half bad. I walked out of the dressing room, and all three of them simultaneously tilted their heads to the left.

Willow was the first to speak. "I mean... I like it and it looks good on you, but I'm afraid it doesn't suit your personality." Lady Zianna nodded at this, and said, "I completely agree. This screams, 'I've been married three times before'. Not only that, but this probably isn't grand enough for your wedding." Mistress Rosetta nodded in agreement.

Not grand enough?!

Before I could speak, the two maids rushed me into the closet once more and slammed the door behind us.

-+~•~+-

I appeared on the main platform again in probably the biggest dress I had ever seen. I felt like the skirt was supported by a freaking umbrella with how far out it went around me. The sleeves had ruffles and ripples and lace and many other layers of ridiculous white cloth. I grimaced as they looked at me, and Mistress Rosetta wasted no time before she started laughing.