Meant to be

Chapter 35
Run forest run
{Kays POV}
The three of us where sprinting down the beach back to the hotel.
Which is really hard, considering I'm wearing a skirt and flats.
Once we got close to the hotel we let out a deep breath.

"COME- ON. WE- GOTTA- GET- INSIDE." Chandler said exhausted since we just sprinted about a mile or two in thick sand.

We ran up to our room.
"EVERYONE CHANGE INTO PJS AND ACT INNOCENT!" Mingus yelled grabbing a night shirt and some pajama pants.

I grabbed some pajama shorts and a big sweater.
I ran into the bathroom and changed while Mingus and Chandler changed in the room.

"Are you guys done?" I shouted though the door.
"Yeah!" They said unison.

I walked out of the bathroom and checked my phone.

"Okay so um- ill sleep on the couch. Kay you on that bed and Mingus on the other."

"It's fine I can take the cou-"

"It's alright. I'll be fine. And it's just incase Norman comes back looking for us, since I'm pretty sure they went to that party knowing we snuck out." Chandler said.

I,surprisingly, being the stubborn girl I usually am gave in fast.
We all laid down and Mingus started a movie.
About half way through The Hunger Games our door burst open.

"I SWEAR IF WE CANT FIND THEM I- wait. What are you guys going here? Where were you!" Lauren shouted.

"What do ya mean?" I asked.

"I know you guys snuck out." Norman said.

"Uh we-..." I stuttered.

"We went to the pool. But we got back like an hour ago. Where have you guys been?" Mingus said.

"We heard about a party going on. We wanted to make sure you guys where not there. There's some bad kids there." Steven said.

'Gee thanks for the warnin Steve' I thought to myself.

"If you guys wanted to go to the pool you didn't have to not tell us. Just- make sure if you guys leave again you text me okay.?" Norman said.

"Okay!" We all chirped.

And with that they left.

"We.are.horrible.people." I said blankly.

"Relax. It's okay" Chandler said.

--------

We finished the movie and by that time it was around 3:00AM.
Mingus was passed out, all the lights where off along with the tv.
I couldn't sleep.
I was still shaking from earlier today.
Not to mention I'm literally the worst lier.
I heard the floor creek and the bed dip a little.
The person climbed under the covers and wrapped their arm around my waist so I was facing then.
Chandler.
I could just make out his face, since the room was so dark.

"Don't worry Kay. I got you. I'll always protect you. Ever after I can't call you mine." He said kissing my cheek and tightening his grip a little more.

With that a snuggled into his chest and feel asleep.

I've never been with a boy that's made me feel so vulnerable and risky, yet so safe and comforting.
Chandler was something special.
He wasn't just my boyfriend.
He was my best friend.
And maybe it's time for the world to know that.

••SORRY ITS SHORT BUT I FIGURED YOU GUYS WOULD RATHER HAVE ME UPDATE LIKE FASTER AND TWICE THIS WEEK THEN TO WAIT UNTIL THE END OF THE WEEK AND MAKE IT SUPER LONG.
Buttttt try and get the most comments and votes on this chapter and I'll try to update agin some time tomorrow if I have it written by then(;
ILYSM bye babes😘❤️••