Meant to be

Chapter 14
I swear I'm a good child
{Kays POV}
The next morning I woke up on the couch.
A blanket was covering me up and my shopping bags still layed on the floor.
A sticky note was stuck to my forehead.
I picked it up and read it:
'Sorry I didn't want to wake you. Anyways I have a meeting down in Texas that I had to go to. Don't worry I'm going to have Shelly look in on you every once in a while. I don't want you having anyone over unless shes here. Bye Angel. Love you.
~The best dad in the world.

Great. Shelly would be staying with me.
I loved Shelly but she was a little...
How do I put this nicely...
Crazy overprotective.
Once when she had to stay with me she was convinced I was going to sleep walk and leave the house so she put bells on my door so she's hear if I was awake.
-_-

So I guess you could say I'm not looking forward to it.
I decided to call Shelly to see when she's coming over.
"Hello?" She said picking up her phone.
"Hey Shells Bells."
"Don't call me that."
"Well I see your in a good mood today. Anyways I was wondering when you're coming over?"
"Just at night time. I'm going to spend the night but you'll be alone during the day. I'm trusting you Kaylee. Do NOT let me down. Bye. See ya at 8!" Shelly said before hanging up.

I'm all alone.
What if a zombie apocalypse happens while they're gone.
What if we get robbed.
What if I turn out like the girl from taken.
I'm excited to be home alone yet I'm kinda scared.
Oh well.
Besides what could go wrong.

I ran upstairs and got my 'How to keep your mind off of things when your home alone' list.
Sure I made it when I was 8 but is still cool.
Step 1) Let the dog in the house.
I ran to the back yard and let my big black lab inside the house.
Step 2) invite all your friends over for a sleepover.
Yeah since my two best friends are two teenage boys I'll skip that one for now.
Step 3) go boogie-boarding down the stairs.
I grabbed my orange and green boogie-board and parked it at the top of the stairs. I lunged off the railing and on the first step I fell and hit my face.
"Holy fucking shit. That hurt!" I yelled even though the only other thing here was my dog...
Step 4) break the rules.
And that was the last one.
I sat down on the stairs thinking of what I could do for step #4.
Then I got a phone call.

"Helllllo?" I said still recovering from my big fall down the stairs.
"Hey! My friend Sam invited me to a party at his place! Wanna come? Mingus and Paige are gonna be there too." Chandler said eagerly.
"I want to.. But I don't know if I can't. My dads on a business trip and Shelly's gonna be here..." I said sadly.
"But kayyyy. You have to comeeee." Chandler said sounding like a little kid.
"Fine. I'll figure something out." I said.
"Yay! I'll pick you up at 10!" Chandler said.
I hung up the phone and thought,
How on earth would I sneak away from Shelly?

Then it came to me

I had it all planned out.
The perfect plan.
Hopefully Shelly wouldn't ruin it.
At 8:00 I would fake a stomach flu.
Shelly was a germ-a-phob.
She hated anyone that was sick and plus since it's the stomach flu I wouldn't be coughing all night when I wasn't there.
At 8:45 I would fake fall asleep on the couch.
Then at 9:00 go up to my room and 'fall asleep.'
But really id be greating ready for the party.
At 10 chandler, Mingus and Paige would meet me outside my house and we'd walk to Sams party from there.
I heard a knock on the door and checked my phone 8:00. Just on time.
"Come inn." I mumbled from the couch.
"Hey ka- woah what's wrong with you?"
"I don't feel really good.." I groaned.
"Hold on him I'll make you some tea. Maybe we should call your da-"
"No. I mean..what good would that do. I don't want to distract him from his work.."
Shelly made me some green tea and sorta became my nurse.. Even though she never came within 5 feet of me.

At 8:45 I drifted off then at 9:10 I woke up.
"I think I'm just gonna go to bed..."
"Good choices Hun. I'll see ya in the morning." Shelly said.
I stumbled up the stairs then shut my door and turned off the light.
Since it was dark I went into my bathroom and curled my hair and did my makeup in there.
I changed into my white lacy skirt I had gotten from Hollister and a white two finger tank top.
I checked my phone and it was 9:50.
I quickly tip toed to my closet and got out my old 'my twin' doll from when I was little.
It had about the same color hair as me so I stuffed it under my blankets just showing the tip of its hair pulling some pillows underneath it .