2

(Published: 4/1/17)

Percy's POV:

It's been a little over two weeks since Annabeth broke up with me, and I'm beginning to feel a bit better about the break up. I mean, I haven't cried about it since that first night in my cabin, and the lake doesn't flood the camp every time her name is mentioned anymore, so there's something.

But we haven't talked since then, and Jason thinks I need to get out of my cabin more. I guess he's right, but I'm not sure what to do. I mean, I could always teach a sword fighting class or something, but that's just the same old thing...

"Hey!" I heard someone calling from behind me. "Percy!" It was Nico. "Can I talk to you for a second?"

I nodded. "Sure thing, man. What do you need?"

Nico stopped in front of me. "Hey, um, are you free on Thursday around ten?"

Well, that caught me a bit off guard. "Um. Yeah...why?"

"I was just wondering if you could drive me to my dentist appointment and back. I have to get my wisdom teeth pulled." He replied.

"Uh, yeah. Sure thing. But uh...don't you have a zombie guy for that?" I asked. Seriously, why would he need me? Zombies are way cooler than I am.

Nico sighed. "There are two main reasons for that. One: Someone needs to go up to the front desk and sign in as my designated driver since I can't drive after the operation, and I don't think a zombie would cut it. And two: Hades kind of grounded me from him."

I tried to hold back, but I couldn't help it as I burst out laughing. I actually bent over. Yeah, that's how hard I was laughing. And man if felt good.

I hadn't laughed this hard in weeks.

"I'm sorry..." I painted through the laughter. "I didn't mean to...." finally sobering up enough to speak full sentences, I stood up straight and looked Nico in the eye, though I still had a huge grin on my face. "Yeah man. I can't wait for you to tell me how you got your zombie taken away. That'll be a great car story."

"Yeah," he said. "That's not happening."

"Oh, you'll see. I'm great at getting things out of people." I replied.

"Since when?" Nico asked with a smirk.

"Wow. Thanks, man." I replied sarcastically, now laughing with him.

"No problem. See you later Percy." Nico said, walking away, towards the training arena.

"See ya." I called after him.

I watched as Nico walked away from me. He seemed so small. Or maybe that was just me...

Well, I had two days until I drove him to his appointment. I sighed. Now all I have to is figure out what I can do to occupy myself until then. And afterwards... probably for the rest of my life...

I sighed again, and started walking back to my cabin. It was quite there, and I could be alone with my thoughts. No one to bother me.

But, as I walked towards the cabins, Leo and Jason came running up to me.

"Oh no you don't!" Jason said, grabbing my shoulders and pointing them in the opposite direction. "You need to eat something."

"What?" I protested. "I'm fine. I'm not even hungry!"

"You haven't been eating!" Leo protested. "You have to be at least a little hungry!"

I was about to protest again, when my stomach growled loudly. "That means nothing!" I said quickly.

Jason and Leo both laughed and continued dragging me to the dining pavilion for some late breakfast.

"At least eat some blue pancakes." Jason said.

That got my attention. "Blue?" I asked.

Jason grinned and nodded while Leo returned with a plate of blue pancakes. They smelled amazing, the steam was still coming up, off the plates, and the temptation almost made me drool.

"Maybe just a bite or two..."

Jason's POV:

Leo and I sat with Percy at the Poseidon table and watched as he gingerly ate the first couple bites. Then, he seemed to realize how hungry he was, and started wolfing down the four pancakes that were on his plates.

Afterwards, he was stuffed full, but I was just relived he ate something. Leo then took Percy to do some outdoor activity, not letting him go back to his cabin.

After they left, Will Solace walked up to me.

"Thanks." He said. "I was afraid he'd starve himself or something, the way he was holed up in his cabin."

"Yeah, so did I." I replied.

"You know we're going to have to find a way to help him, right?" Will asked.

I nodded. "Yeah." I said. "I know."