Chapter 6

*Dex's POV*

5:30pm

I'm going to do it. I'm going to make a move. I may have some doubts after everything that was said yesterday, but I've got to try something. If Sophie chooses to be with one of the other boys, I'm going to hate myself for the rest of my life for never trying.
If I try and she rejects me, well at least I know I tried. It's better then sitting there the rest of my life wondering if she could have loved me if I had just reached out.

I start pacing around my bedroom, twiddling with a trinket I've been working on.

How was I going to do this?
What was I going to say?
What was going to happen?!?

I sit down on my bed, setting the trinket down. My stomach is in a fit of nerves. My hands are actually shaking, and my knees feel weak.

Calm yourself, I silently say to myself.
It's going to be ok. This is just Sophie, just Sophie. What could possibly go wrong?
Wait wrong question to ask.

"Ok, you got this," I whisper to myself. Then I walk out the door to Sophie's room.

*Sophie's POV*

I'm sitting in the middle of my room on the fuzzy carpet reading a book on telepathy, when I here a small knock on my door. I get up, slowly walking toward the door.

Who could it be?
I reached to open the door dreading it being Biana wanting to dress me up before dinner.
She had tried yesterday...
I shudder at the memory.

When I open the door it is not Biana, it's Dex.
"Oh!" I say in surprise. "Hey," I smile.
"Oh um, hi." Dex gives a little smile; looks at me before quickly glancing away.

I step aside from my doorway. "Would you like to come in?"
Dex shuffles his feet a little and glances around a bit more. "Uh, sure."

My brows furrow as I let him in. He was acting, odd. Almost as though he was nervous.
I sit down on my bed and wait in wonder what he wants.

"So..." I say after a moment to long of awkward silence.
"Sophie." He finally gets out after clearing his throat several times. "Sophie I have something I want to tell you."

I nod, sitting there in confusion. What could be making him this nervous to tell me?

Then in a rush he says, "Sophie, I like you. I've liked you from the day I met you, but now I feel more. I feel more then friendship. I feel for you as more then a friend." Dex takes a deep breathe. "I want to be more then friends Sophie. Would it ever be possible for you to feel the same for me?"

I blink

Oh.
Oh.
Oh.
That's what he wanted to say to me.

"Dex..." I try.
He shakes his head. "It's fine. I figured you wouldn't."

He got up and walked toward the door.
"No wait!" I reach out to him. "Dex I'm sorry."
He shakes his head. "Please don't give me pity. Just forget I ever said anything."

"No Dex. I didn't mean it like that. I really am sorry. I just can't think of you like that. You are my best friend. I just don't think I could ever think of you as anything else. I love you as a friend; a brother. Nothing more. I really am...sorry."

Dex gives me a small smile. "I'm glad I have a best friend like you."
I smile back. "I couldn't ask for a better best friend." I reply.

"This conversation never happened, agreed?"
"Agreed." I say.

Anyone reading this that's on team Dex, I'm sorry. This is my personal opinion, but I don't think Dex stands a chance at all. He's always kinda just there. I don't have anything against him, I simply don't think he'll end up with Sophie.
One down, two left. Who do you think it'll be guys?
Fitz?
Or
Keefe?

Vote and comment, thanks!!

~penguin9007

P.S. I'm going to start posting a chapter every Wednesday.