Alone Time

~Melanie's POV~

I woke up this morning and it was freezing. It was like 30 fucking degrees in here. I put on Ian's sweatshirt and pick up Noah from his crib. I quietly walk out to the living room and sit on the couch. "Sweetie what do you want to watch?" I say to him. He gives me a blank stare. I turn on the TV and flip through the channels. There wasn't many only the Discovery channel, which is so boring, MTV, which is too stupid and can kill my child's brain cells, the history channel, yeah like I'm going to watch that i didn't even like history class, some Spanish channel, and the news. I decided to keep on the news because it was the only tolerable thing on, "let's see what's going on in the world today" I say.

"And now our top story today revolves around 26 year old Sam Rodriguez who was arrested last night for charges of sexual assault to a minor" the newscaster said. I quickly change the channel.

"Ok, enough of that" I say. I turned on the discovery channel to find a documentary on freakin goldfish. It kept on saying things like having fish as pets is bad and it will make them sad for being trapped and blah blah blah. I only kept it on because Noah loved when they showed the little fish swimming around in the tank. He smiled and giggled every time they appeared. "You like the fishies?" I asked. He giggled. "When you're older I'll get you a fishy as a pet" speaking of pets I forgot to ask Ian how Daisy's been. It's been a while since I've seen her. Suddenly my mom comes out from her room.

"Morning honey" she says. "You're up late."

"Yeah, I didn't get much sleep. All night I've been up with certain things." I say.

"Awe, that's what being a mother, is all about." She says. Even though I wasn't talking about Noah. "So I have to run some errands, want to join me?"

"No, I think i'm going to take a nap, I'm really exhausted."

"Ok, do you want me to take Noah with me so you have no interruptions while you sleep?"

"I can't ask you to do that"

"You don't have to. Besides, I think Noah and I need a Grandma and me day."

"Ok" I smile. "I'll go get his coat and hat"

"Oh I can just do it" she says about to walk to my room. Shit, Ian's in there sleeping.

"No I'll just go get them I was going to my room anyway" I lied. I enter my room quietly, so I don't wake Ian, and grab his stuff. I walk back out to my mom. I put his little jacket on him and put his little hat on his head. I also got little mittens for him to wear. I also gave my mom Noah's favorite blanket to keep him warn in the car seat. I know I'm over wrapping him with layers but come on I'm a mother, I worry about my child's safety. Plus I'm trying to prove to my mom how great I am at parenting.

"Ok, I guess we're all set. Melanie we'll be home in at least two hours, get your rest sweetie" she says exiting the house.

"Bye, have fun" I yell. After that it was just me and the freakin goldfish on the TV. It was pretty boring because Ian was still asleep. I really am tired but I really don't want to sleep. Ian comes out from my room, finally someone besides the guy narrating the goldfish documentary.

"So that's where my sweatshirt went" he smiled.

I got up and walked towards him. "Sorry I was really cold" I say.

"Yeah right you little thief" he says pulling me closer and kissing me. He breaks away. "Ok, two questions. One, where is everyone?"

"My mom took Noah to run some errands and to have some 'Grandma and me time' with him; they'll be back in two hours"