"I know mommy, I've just been so busy with back to back photo shoots, studio, rehearsal, and tryna balance my time with Lauren-"

"Hold on! Hold on! Hold on! Lauren?! As in Jauregui?! Baby I saw her little video the other day! My lil Lolo!"

"Yea ma" I chuckle

I tell her everything that happened and I can tell she's smiling.

"Awee that's so sweet mani, I'm so happy for you two! Speaking of Lauren, Clara and Mike came back today, this Saturday I want y'all here by noon"

"I'll let her know mom, oh and can I bring Justin?"

"Oh that boy back too? Bring his lil ass"

"Ok ma, see you soon"

"Ok I'll talk to you tomorrow, I love you"

"I love you too"

I get a text from Anthony that he's here and we head out, sending Lauren a text once we're in the car.

We arrive to the place and as we're walking in I spot them already at a table. I walk up behind Lauren and wrap my arms around her while kissing her cheek.

"Hey there" I smile

"Hi manibear" She says, holding onto my hand

We greet the others and I sit next to Lauren, my hand finding hers again. I tell her what my mom said and her smile widens.

"I miss Mama Drea, we always talked shit together" She laughs

"That's a hot ass mess!" I say

"Tori let's go sign up" Dinah says, grabbing Tori's hand

A few minutes pass before it's time for them to go up, the beat to 'Underneath the Stars' by Mariah Carey. They sing it beautifully and everybody claps, some whistle, then you have us who yell when they're done. They come back to the table and stop behind me and Lauren first.

"We put y'all on there too and chose the song but don't worry, Justin and Quincy are next then you two" Tori smiles

They quickly walk away and I question everything and everyone. How would they know what I felt like singing? Got me tight. Justin and Quincy go up and they get the same response once they're done. Me and Lauren's name get called as they sit and I make sure to flip Dinah and Tori off as we walk away.

*POV SWITCH: Regular, Normani. Italic, Lauren. Bold italic, both*

The two grab a mic and walk up on the small stage, the familiar beat starts to play and they glance at each other. Both feeling a little bit uncomfortable, yet feeling like their hearts will latch onto the others'. Deciding to not make it look awkward by avoiding eye contact, they turn to each other and start singing.

"Each time the wind blows I hear your voice so I call your name, whispers at morning, our love is dawning, Heaven's glad you came, you know how I feel, this thing can't go wrong, I'm so proud to say I love you, your love's got me high, I long to get by, this time is forever, love is the answer"

They start to slowly get lost into each others' eyes, almost like their souls are connecting. As if speaking from their hearts.

"I hear your voice now, you are my choice now, the love you bring, Heaven's in my heart, at your call, I hear harps and Angels sing, you know how I feel, this thing can't go wrong, I can't live my life without you"

"I just can't hold on"

"I feel we belong"

"My life ain't worth living if I can't be with you"

"I just can't stop loving you, I just can't stop loving you and if I stop then tell me just what will I do"

"Cause I just can't stop loving you"

The whole bar could feel the emotions being sprouted out. The two get more into the song, still holding intense eye contact and only noticing the life behind each set.

"At night when the stars shine, I pray in you, I'll find a love so true"

"When morning awakes me, will you come and take me? I'll wait for you"

"You know how I feel, I won't stop until I hear your voice saying 'I do'"

"I do, this thing can't go wrong"

"This feeling's so strong"

"My life ain't worth living"

"If I can't be with you"

Their hands connect and they move closer to each other firmly and desperately, faces just inches apart.

"We can change all the world tomorrow"

"We can sing songs of yesterday"

"I can say 'Hey, Farewell' to sorrow"

"This is my life and I Want to see you for always" 

"I just can't stop loving you (No baby) (Oh) I just can't stop loving you (If I can't stop) And if I stop then tell me just what will I do?(What will I do?) (Oh, oh)"

Both of their hearts clenching and souls feeling as if it wants to jump to the others' as they harmonize the last line.

I just can't stop loving you

As they finish they ignore all the screaming around them, too busy being engulfed in each other. Breathing heavy, eyes boring into the others' at this point, speechless and feeling a rush of different emotions.

Realization hitting them in multiple directions. The realization that they never stopped loving the other. The realization that they are madly in love and it all came back the second they layed eyes on each other while Normani was performing. The taunting realization that the other doesn't know how they feel and might not feel the same way.

The depressing realization that it's just like high school again.