Labor and Delivery

On June 3, around 3 in the afternoon, I had harder contractions than I was used to and thought I was in labor. After a quick exam I found out I sadly wasn't. Then that night, I was in bed asleep and I woke up to an intense pain in my lower abdomen. I went to the bathroom to pee and went back to bed. An hour later the same thing happened again. This continued for the next 15 hours.

Then on June 4 at about 8 pm I was hit with the most intense contraction yet. It nearly knocked me off my feet but thank goodness my father was there to catch me. My mother called my doctor and he told her I needed to stay home until my contractions are 6 minutes apart or something abnormal happens. So that's what we did. With my parents timing contractions and keeping an eye on me we waited.

Finally, after the longest night of my life, my contractions were 6 minutes apart and we left for the hospital. In the car on the way there my water broke and the contractions became excruciating after that. We checked, I was admitted, and hooked up to all these machines and monsters. Baby's heartbeat was strong and I was healthy. By the time I got to the hospital I was dilated 7 cm. They asked if I wanted the epidural and really did. I was in so much pain I wanted to die. When they put in the epidural, it was the biggest relief! I hardly felt any pain and I was even able to sleep for a couple hours. My doctor woke me up to tell me that I was 9 cm and they were going to prepare for me to start pushing.

On June 5, 2017 at 4:28 am, after 26 hours of labor and 42 minutes of pushing I gave birth to healthy, beautiful baby girl. She came out, screamed for a second and stopped. She hasn't cried since. I cried like a baby though. She is so beautiful and I love her so much. I have never known a love like this.

They placed her right on my chest, cleaned her up and we've just been laying here like that since she was born. They had to take her away to suck the gunk out of her nose and mouth, they have her a shot, and cleaned her up properly with her first diaper and we have just been laying together since. My parents went home to get some sleep around noon and Bailey and I just cuddled. She's having trouble latching to my nipple so the lactation specialist is coming in later to try and help her.

Bailey Marie Fox weighed 7 pounds 7 ounces and was 22 inches long. She's healthy, got all her fingers and toes, and is so beautiful.

I am one happy mama💕💕💕💕💕💕