Part 36

Harry:

When I next saw Isaac in the art room, I didn't feel anger like I thought I would. Instead, I felt intrigued. I wanted to know why Trish had told him to say what he said, and how she knew so much about me.

Well, I guess I sort of already knew how she knew so much about me. She was stalking me. I shuddered at the thought of her following me around at night and watching my every move. And then killing the women I slept with in hope to eliminate all possible opponents.

Isaac timidly walked over, rubbing his arm. I scowled as Trish watched him, making sure she caught my glare as she left.

"Hey Isaac." I hinted no emotion in my voice as he sat down beside me, his eyes turned straight down to the table.

"Uh hey," he trailed off quietly, his back completely stiff.

Susan walked by, placing the hard paper down in front of us. I gave her a small smile as she placed her hand gently on my back as she passed by.

"I uh, I know Trish told you to say those things." I hesitated slightly, wavering a little.

"What?! Who told you that? Did Hazel? Oh god I knew I shouldn't of said anything she's gonna kill me she's gonna absolutely kill me!" Isaac gripped his hair, turning to me with wild eyes.

"She's not gonna kill you." I spoke quietly. "I won't say anything. Just tell me what she said to you."

His eyes switched between mine, and I could practically hear his heart thundering against his chest.

"She...she said you were hers." The words finally spilled. "She said that if Hazel could see the monster inside of you then she wouldn't want to be with you. And that you would be all for her. Then you two could be together."

Crazy bitch.

"She said she didn't want to kill Hazel, but if it came to keeping you safe from anyone else then she would do."

Oh hell no. Nobody was ever gonna hurt Hazel.

But you hurt Hazel.

I grimaced at the voice in my head. I hated it. God, I hated this. The fact I couldn't control it made it even worse. The only person I had to worry about protecting Hazel from was myself.

She was the purest woman I had ever met. She seemed to make me whole again. Her smile would bring me back in my darkest moments. Almost like a fire on the coldest night. Except I was worried about going down in flames. Taking it for granted, and then not realising what I have until it's all gone. And I've ruined it all.

When I was scared of hurting my Mum, I had the choice to leave. And although it was painful for her, at least she knew I would come out after a while and she could hope for her son back. But with Hazel, I couldn't leave. And by telling her to leave me would only hurt her more. And I wanted a life outside with her. One I could cherish.

My heart faltered a little at the thought. A life outside with Hazel...

The rest of the afternoon went smoothly, and there were no interruptions. Thankfully.

"Hey," I was greeted with Hazel's grounding smile as the session ended.

"Hey you," I pressed a discreet kiss to her cheek before heading towards the canteen.

She quickly caught up besides me, and I didn't have to look to know there was a blush on her cheeks.

"Did you ask Isaac?" Hazel spoke quietly as we headed inside.