Part 30

Harry:

Three days had passed since the arrangement was made with Saf, and today was the last day of the week. Which meant tonight was most likely to be the night. I was massively against the whole thing, and I couldn't bare to have Saf go through with this. Yes, she was annoying. Yes, I hated it when she purposely winded me up because she knew I tolerated her no matter what. But, deep down, part of me didn't mind it. I don't like to use the word 'care' a lot as I see it as a weakness, but I do care for Saf...a little.

I sat at dinner, besides Isaac. After the fight, we hadn't really spoke much. But I still wanted to find out why. Why he said those things to me that he did.

"Why'd you do it?" I muttered just quiet enough for him to hear as I took a sip of my water.

"Do what?" He replied, knowing exactly what I was on about.

It was nearing the end of dinner, and Hazel would be here to escort me back to my cell before she left to go home. Without me.

"You know exactly what I'm on about." I spat harshly, staring down at my barely touched meal. The food here, a dog wouldn't even touch it's that bloody awful.

"Can't say I do." He sighed, looking around the room a little.

"Isaac fucking tell me." I growled, keeping my head low; my curls falling into my eyes. Part of me felt a little remorse as the braids Saf did had fell out. I don't know whether it was the fact that tonight was the night I had been dreading, or whether I was scared as to what Gale would do to her. But part of me wanted to go and sit with Saf and let her do my hair again for her to cool her nerves. Or for me to cool my nerves. I wasn't allowed access to see her this afternoon. And I wasn't going to go back to my cell until I had.

"Tell you what?" He asked dumbfounded, happily chewing on the shit 'food'.

"Why you said those things to me, which you clearly knew would make me lose my shit." I clasped and unclasped my hands to try and keep myself calm.

"I don't know what you're on about." As if by luck for him, it was time for us to go back to our cells.

He rose to his feet, running to the door like a cheetah. He eagerly bounced up and down on his feet as he waited for Trish.

I scowled at him as I pushed myself back from the table and walked over to the door where I would wait for my angel.

And there she was. She walked through the door, her hair down like I told her I liked it. Her eyes remained on the floor as she walked over to me.

"Hey." She breathed out, looking up at me with those big chocolate eyes. She looked so distressed.

"Saf?" I asked, partially asking whether she was distressed because of her and also asking whether it was time to visit her.

"Kinda..." She mumbled, gesturing for me to follow her.

We headed down to Block B, no sight of Gale yet.

My eyes trailed up to the wall, where earlier Jane had planted a night vision camera.

"Hey." Hazel smiled weakly at her as we arrived at her cell.

She was pacing up and down in her room.

"Hi." Still, she bared a grin, skipping over to us.

"You sure you're okay with going through with this?" Hazel gently rested her hand on the bars that separated us.

"Yeah you don't have to do this, Saf. Just say the word and we'll stop this right now." I reminded her, rolling my right sleeve up.

"There's no other way. And besides, I can't exactly yell for help. Otherwise I would done that long ago." She awkwardly chuckled.